Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Glennis Wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Glennis Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
thunderceptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glennis Wheels

Anyone is in contact with Dennis of Glennis wheels?

I ordered 3 He-162 wheels 12 weeks ago but iI'm still waiting for them.

Here is his last e-mail:

----- Original Message -----
To: "Alberto Gottardo" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: Info Order for 3 He-162 Wheels

> Yes, they are ready to ship - I'll have the weights and photo's for you as
> soon as I get them. Updated the wheels to our new docutmentation vs. what
> is shown on the website that wasn't as scale.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis
>

Is he a weekend worker? Or is he very busy?
I'm still waiting for a shipping number yet..

Alberto

Old 04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glennis Wheels

I have been trying to get a reply from Dennis on a new item he is is working on - multiple calls and Emails over the last 4 months and as yet no reply at all.

I've never dealt with Glennis before but have heard (through the "grapevine") that if he has something available immediately, he'll respond, if not - no response. The "terms and conditions" page says a lot about Glennis' attitude towards customer communication ... see here: http://www.glennis.com/terms.htm

Try calling them at 530-742-3957. Good luck!

Barry
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

I have first hand expence as a customer of Glennis.
my order for 3 wheels was 8 weeks late. it was missing tons of detail that was promised in the quote / offer (bolt heads on rims, etc). and the plastic 'scale' brake calipers were glued on the hub, painted, then hogged out with a dremel for air line clearance, and not re-painted.

my first order, my last order.

Kirk
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Shaun Evans

Barry,

Wow. I just read that policy you posted. Again, wow.....
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised Dennis hasn't responded by now. My own experience was not positive .Overall time was in excessive of 5 months . As far as the product .. Ok
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

I had a set of Glennis gear, wheels & brakes on my Roo, and was very happy with them. Shipment was prompt as they were in stock.

This was a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if things have changed for Dennis.

Brg,
Mark
Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
TAILHOOK-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Have orderd wheels & brakes for L1011, Eurofighter, SU27 & a couple others never had a problem & product always worked great.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
thunderceptor

Thanks all for the replies!

The website show an He-162 wheels update:

http://www.glennis.com/warbird.htm

So hopefully he completed them: I hope to receive them very soon!

Alberto
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Alberto: your reply is on the way in the next hour or so. Wheels/brakes are on their way.
As I wasn't satisfied with the version we already manufactured for the HE-162, I made a critical mistake and updated them to actual photos I had taken at a museum recently - at least as close as I could in 3 1/2" diameter. We put an effort into having all products as scale as we can. I probably should have just shipped what we had and left it at that.

I should explain a couple of things before we get too far.

I don't know who dbarrym is so I can't comment on why he didn't receive an answer (or that he may have?). No matter what you have heard through the 'grapevine' - if your request requires a bunch of research on my end, you may not get an immediate answer. I can't help that - it is just the way it is when I have to come up with a bunch of info I don't have right on hand. Some individuals have a bad "email" habit, that results in several dozen e-mails, and sometimes we just don't respond to all of them, especially if we can condense 5 or 6 into one reply.

Kirk on the other hand ordered a set of completely custom - one of a kind wheels/brake for a Tucano turboprop. In the end the bolt detail (on the gear door side) was missed, and I offered to add it at no charge, and when he refused, there was nothing I could do. Keep in mind the set of 3 wheels (with no brakes) only cost him $235.00. The were 5" diameter mains and a 3 1/2" nose wheel. You can compare the photo's below of the full size and what he got and see what you think. In my opinion pretty nice for that price.

Sure - the order ran long - in his e-mail to me he claimed 5 weeks, now he says 8 - either way in his e-mail to me he said it wasn't a big deal as the kit hadn't arrived yet. I still have all of
his e-mail correspondence so I was able to check this out this morning.

In the future, if you call for custom items and are told we won't do them any longer - individuals like this are why - remember this thread and others like it in the future. We have been in business 20 years now, so something is going right, but we will start dropping this really nice custom stuff.

Wow. I just read that policy you posted. Again, wow.....

Yellow Aircraft, JetCat Engines, Skymaster ARF+ and Turn Key Jet
As far as our Terms - they are there for a reason - not that we don't care about our customers - if that is what you get out of it, you need to reread them. Our stuff isn't imported from China - it is manufactured in the United States. I am not going to hang out a bunch of expense without having a set of guidelines of how we do business. If you don't agree with them, please, do us both a favor and don't order. We are in no shortage for custom orders from 1 3/4" to 9" diameter right now. We are working 7 days a week to fill orders. We appreciate all customers and orders, but nice stuff is going to take more time.

I personally / we overall have encountered some personal problems in the last 4 months that those who have picked up the phone are well aware of. These are not important or an excuse, but they have caused some delays I have to admit.

Below: Full size Tucano on left - our 5" item on right

Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86625.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	919996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67338.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	919997  
Old 04-02-2008, 03:53 PM
kirkj

Kirk on the other hand ordered a set of completely custom - one of a kind wheels/brake for a Tucano turboprop. In the end the bolt detail (on the gear door side) was missed, and I offered to add it at no charge, and when he refused, there was nothing I could do. Keep in mind the set of 3 wheels (with no brakes) only cost him $235.00. The were 5" diameter mains and a 3 1/2" nose wheel. You can compare the photo's below of the full size and what he got and see what you think. In my opinion pretty nice for that price.

Sure - the order ran long - in his e-mail to me he claimed 5 weeks, now he says 8 - either way in his e-mail to me he said it wasn't a big deal as the kit hadn't arrived yet. I still have all of
his e-mail correspondence so I was able to check this out this morning.

In the future, if you call for custom items and are told we won't do them any longer - individuals like this are why - remember this thread and others like it in the future. We have been in business 20 years now, so something is going right, but we will start dropping this really nice custom stuff.

Dennis

[/quote]

Dennis,
it could be 3 weeks late for all I care, its still late.
and i wish you had a photo of the gear door side of the wheel, and of the complete nose wheel to show, that would be nice. and you are blaming me for not doing any customs anymore?!! WHO-HOO!!!! i have the power to direct the marketing of a mature 20 year old company at my fingertips!!!! man that swells my head!

i wish you the best, both as a person and a company, i did not start this thread, just answered a question when it was asked. thats what the forums here are for.

good luck sir,

Kirk
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
GlennisAircraft

Yes, I wish you had the photo's also - I also wish you would have just sent the wheels in for a simple fix, but that wouldn't leave any ground's to bash someone on. In your "3 weeks late" logic, if you thought they should be there at 10:00 a.m, and they got there at 10:15 a.m., then it's time for the attack. The world is not that simple.

Amazing how a simple oversight can cause someone to go on a life long mission that accomplishes nothing to benefit the hobby. All of this crap about not answering e-mail, and missing bolts is just an excuse to tear someone down who has given the R/C hobby something they never had - and may never have to the degree of scale we offer now.

You couldn't direct our marketing if you wanted to, so don't let your head swell very large, but the group that you are in is changing the scale hobby for the worse - I see it every day. Less good kit manufacturers, more ARF's, less and less quality scale offerings in R/C scale. If anyone viewing this thread thinks they can get anymore scale than the items shown on our website - get them.

I'm glad I had the photo's to show what the quality of your "answer" was. To read your reply they weren't scale at all, in reality they were closer than you could ever get anywhere else.

Dennis
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
kirkj

ORIGINAL: GlennisAircraft

Yes, I wish you had the photo's also - I also wish you would have just sent the wheels in for a simple fix, but that wouldn't leave any ground's to bash someone on. In your "3 weeks late" logic, if you thought they should be there at 10:00 a.m, and they got there at 10:15 a.m., then it's time for the attack. The world is not that simple.

Amazing how a simple oversight can cause someone to go on a life long mission that accomplishes nothing to benefit the hobby. All of this crap about not answering e-mail, and missing bolts is just an excuse to tear someone down who has given the R/C hobby something they never had - and may never have to the degree of scale we offer now.

You couldn't direct our marketing if you wanted to, so don't let your head swell very large, but the group that you are in is changing the scale hobby for the worse - I see it every day. Less good kit manufacturers, more ARF's, less and less quality scale offerings in R/C scale. If anyone viewing this thread thinks they can get anymore scale than the items shown on our website - get them.

I'm glad I had the photo's to show what the quality of your "answer" was. To read your reply they weren't scale at all, in reality they were closer than you could ever get anywhere else.

Dennis
yeah, great, you win, i conceed to every point you have, heck come to think of it, they were on time and were perfect replicas. thank you for the great service.
i have not thought about Glennis one time since the issues with that order... until seeing this thread, and now i want to see how long the next streak will be.
kirk
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

dennis,
you might want to ck out my sabre scale main brake hub assemblies and use them as a goal for you to shoot for.
i e-mailed you to make me a set and never got a replie.
so i made them my self,
AND NOW GLAD I DID!

Name:	Nl29365.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	920108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78436.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	920109  
Old 04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dennis, i have purchased from you before with no issues. but i can say for kirk j, he is a dear friend and a pure class act. he hasnt ever spoken a word to me about the tires. not once. it isnt something he walks around steaming about. he did, however, honestly answer this thread. were they are werent they late? you said so yourself. it is how you handle something that has come up short. you handle it different then most. you come in here saying, and i am paraphrasing, well it was good enough, well i did extra research, its people like you that have created the arf world. well for me, it is post like this that keep people like me from calling you except when i have to, and that is pretty rare. you are a like you or dislike you kind of guy. those who like you will buy from you, and those who dont, will not, because of this in your face kind of post. were they late or not and who set the deadline. lastly, you are not the last of the great modelors as you portray yourself, g kerr showed us an example of that. you would be better served to do as you say to your customers and if you fall short, as we all do from time to time, reconcile at that time and keep it from getting on the net. and if it does get on the net, soft shoe through it a little better. but i have seen many give you that advice before and in a year or so we will see this same scenario with you play out again. barry (the guy with no dog in the fight, just another unsolicited opinion)
Old 04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
smokin-gun

you are a gentleman and should be a politician , barry .
that was a very poinyent , yet factual post .
it only hurts if they know it to be true!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Dennis your reputation proceeds you both good for your workand bad for how you interact with customers. I have not done business with you in the past based on your reputation for being late and not comunicating with customers. I learned a long time ago that there is only on time or late, never early when it comes to making deliveries, and never ever ignore the customer period.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

ORIGINAL: GlennisAircraft

I don't know who dbarrym is so I can't comment on why he didn't receive an answer (or that he may have?). No matter what you have heard through the 'grapevine' - if your request requires a bunch of research on my end, you may not get an immediate answer. I can't help that - it is just the way it is when I have to come up with a bunch of info I don't have right on hand. Some individuals have a bad "email" habit, that results in several dozen e-mails, and sometimes we just don't respond to all of them, especially if we can condense 5 or 6 into one reply.
Dennis, I am Barry Mattingly...37 year RC modeler, living in CA, married with one adult daughter.

Now that we have the introduction out of the way , let me say that I don't really have a dog in this hunt, other than having a high degree of desire to obtain - buy - something from you. I have never owned one of your products, but I have seen and heard good things about them. But I also heard that you can be hard to get in touch with.

Re the comment about your T&C page - you can run your business any way you want (god bless the USA!), and I am very grateful that we have specialty suppliers like Glennis to support the hobby. But if you stand back and take a dispassionate read of the T&C page contents, your wording, tone, etc. is very adversarial. Again, you can do whatever you want. But this page reads like "I sell on my terms, I'll ship whenever I want, I may be late, and you'll just have to deal with it". All true, but not too welcoming.

Since you are reading this (maybe)...I am extremely interested in the new prop project you were working on with Meister Scale. I had been in regular communication with Dino over the last 6 months about status, about once a month. In January, he said to just contact you directly. I've sent three Emails, one per month, and called twice, but never got a reply.

I am just trying to get started on a scale project for the 2009 season, and I'd REALLY like to build the new kit. But I need to know if I can get one in time. That's not unreasonable...is it?

Cheers -

Barry
Old 04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
GlennisAircraft

perfect replicas. thank you for the great service.
i have not thought about Glennis one time since the issues with that order... until seeing this thread, and now i want to see how long the next streak will be.
kirk
Not even close to the truth. In fact less than 2 weeks ago you were on here bashing us in an F-18 thread. What I still wonder with all of the "defense' you've rounded up is why no one has questioned why you changed from 5 weeks in your e-mail to 8 on RCU - no excuse for that crap in my book.

For the rest - what can I say - it is easy to sit behind your keyboard and be critical. The Kirk fans are upset because he was exposed when I posted photo's of his order, I'm sorry.

Here is the bottom line. If you want nice, super scale stuff, we do it. Sometimes it takes longer to do than we expect. No one hates that more than we do. But . . . . we do want to do SCALE and QUALITY.

Here are some facts:

Myth #1:

Dennis is the only one there:

wrong . . . . If I walk in on and order , if I don't like what I see, I stop the whole show if I don't think it is what I want to ship. I'm not in on every aspect of every order though. Sometimes things get overlooked. Its' easy to sit behind your keyboard and dig at Glennis, but what about your job? What do your customers think? Would you want to look over a forum every night - I'll bet it wouldn't be so easy on you. I'll bet if your customers could write in here we might hear a whole new side to your job.

Myth #2: Glennis doesn't care about its customers:

This is the biggest lie: This is why we go to the extra extents it takes to do the custom parts as shown in Kirk's Tucano gear - do you want me to post more photo's of other jobs? I can - hundreds of them. Our product is what we care about - and we go the extra 2 miles to make sure it is as nice as it can be - and, as we did with him, offer to fix it if necessary.

This is a lie built on internet forums - nothing is farther from the truth - if you don't believe so - pick up you telephone and lets talk. I know it's the way a Man would do it, but without being face to face, which I'm glad to do, it's better than typing a bunch of false statements. If you have a beef, call me.

Myth #3: Terms and Details page:

If you had been in THIS business as long as we have, you would find that there are quite a few crooks in this hobby. Examples: in the first years we made products and charged when they shipped. What happened? "I decided not to build it", "divorce", "died", etc, etc.

At the end of the first year we were out of business. Then we restructured how things were done, and added a Terms page to our "then" catalog, now website. Here we are now. Now if we sell China produced ARF's, we could do this, because we only make a couple of different kits, so we'll sell to the next guy. But, let's take old Kirks Tucano wheels -only one set we ever sold . . . . how do you justify that? Hard to swallow those losses over several dozen sets a month.

Bottom line - I'm sorry that some of you think of me as the "bad guy" - we are fine with it. I personally wish it wasn't this way - but I know that many people can't tolerate someone speaking their mind or standing up for themselves - especially in forums where it is a "secret" society that they are not meant to be a party to.

Dennis
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
smokin-gun

and we thought there was only the great purple cloaked one sitting on the throne --- now apparently there is another vying for the title
Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Dennis I think those scale wheels you made for the tucano look pretty sweet. Wayne has a build thread for mine up right now would you be willing to make me a set?

Ronald R Long
Old 04-02-2008, 09:37 PM
sandslx

I bought a nose gear wheel from Dennis for my Mig. When I thought it might be taking longer than usual I just e-mailed him and he was always quick to reply. I was quite happy with it. It was well worth waiting for.

Justin Sands
BVM rep

Name:	Ge94344.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	920306  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:56 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

glennis, you are wrong to attack kirk. first he hasnt been a basher of yours. second, please direct me to the f18 thread where he (kirk) bashes you. i looked at his history and can find no such thread. evidence please. lastly, the tucano wheel you show looks nice, but kirk has said why dont you show the rest of the pics. i believe he is insenuating that the others are more revealing. reading between the lines it sounds as if you dont have them anymore. no how can someone who saves emails for years and only a single pic of your hard work. sounds like a stretch to me. i am only replying to this thread as a character witness for kirk. he is purely a stand up guy. i do applaud your work. and being a regular on rcu for many years and rconline before, i know what dealing with glennis is like and i accept it when ordering something. others dont. i, also, dont believe every winey customer is right all the time. i remember the thread where the guy tie wraped his tire on. looked fishy to me and i gave no credibility to him. maybe he had a bad time with glennis, but the pic of that tire tie wrapped did me in. so you see, people here dont always assume the worst for you. but this time i do, because i know kirk and you dont. barry
Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 AM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: u2fast

glennis, you are wrong to attack kirk. first he hasnt been a basher of yours. second, please direct me to the f18 thread where he (kirk) bashes you. i looked at his history and can find no such thread. evidence please. lastly, the tucano wheel you show looks nice, but kirk has said why dont you show the rest of the pics. i believe he is insenuating that the others are more revealing. reading between the lines it sounds as if you dont have them anymore. no how can someone who saves emails for years and only a single pic of your hard work. sounds like a stretch to me. i am only replying to this thread as a character witness for kirk. he is purely a stand up guy. i do applaud your work. and being a regular on rcu for many years and rconline before, i know what dealing with glennis is like and i accept it when ordering something. others dont. i, also, dont believe every winey customer is right all the time. i remember the thread where the guy tie wraped his tire on. looked fishy to me and i gave no credibility to him. maybe he had a bad time with glennis, but the pic of that tire tie wrapped did me in. so you see, people here dont always assume the worst for you. but this time i do, because i know kirk and you dont. barry
The fellow that tie wrapped the tires to the wheels (a friend) did so, at the field on the fly that day, just so he could fly. His drive to our field is over an hour. A little side load and the rubber ran off the wheels! Believe it or not the tie wrap did the job for the day. He then was able to fly, and the rubber stayed on! Didn't look pretty but it worked for the day. Sometimes you gota make do with what you have, he had the wrong tires for the weight of his Jet.
Lee
Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 AM
GlennisAircraft

evidence please
I apologize - it was the BVM Patent thread, not the F-18 - my mistake, but here is the link

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71...glennis/tm.htm - scroll down to post 70

but kirk has said why dont you show the rest of the pics. i believe he is insenuating that the others are more revealing. reading between the lines it sounds as if you dont have them anymore. no how can someone who saves emails for years and only a single pic of your hard work. sounds like a stretch to me.
I think the photo's I posted and my offer to fix what he didn't like say enough.

No, in fact I have several thousand photo's on hand - and they all are representative of the kind of scale detail shown in that one. I didn't find any others of his set yet, but I'll keep looking - I had and still don't have anything to hide in that set -especially not for the price he paid. I don't think you have to be a genius to realize you aren't going to get any aluminum wheels close to those for that price - not even semi-scale for the Tucano

but this time i do, because i know kirk and you dont
You do have me there - I only spoke to him on the phone and via his e-mail - but I do know what I'm reading on here - that is the basis for my response. Saving e-mail helps out in these situations - when I read his post, I thought "I don't remember it happening like that". Checked it out, and it wasn't the way it was. I just think if you are going to post this stuff, tell the whole story - the offer to change them and all. You don't have to add on another 3 weeks to the time it took to receive them, etc.

It's as simple as - 'they were 5 weeks late, but I didn't have the kit yet, and what I didn't like, they offered to fix at no charge - but yes they were late'. If you read that vs. what was posted, it reads two different ways.

Dennis
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
thunderceptor

Sorry Denny,

I didn't mean to star a fight with this post, I was only trying to get some info about you and your company.
I think communication with customer is important as making quality products, and '5 business days to reply an email' as you stated in your website is somewhat unacceptable.
You need a secretary!

Anyway I got more info about you by your posts in this forum than by all of your emails..

Alberto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.