Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
nitrokillr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Check the base where the diff mounts to the chasis. Also while you are there check the control arm hinge pins. Could you have different camber angle knuckles installed?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:45 AM
nastyboys727

any one put a 2 speed in one of these

Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
MACGYVER1

there have been people that have used the 2 speed.i asked about it awile ago and was kinda talked out of it.it seems when you put the 2 speed in you lose the slipper clutch.this makes it very hard on the drive train,especialy if you are jumping.i think i will try it some day.i wish they made stronger diffs and other drive parts for the mt 2.a 2 speed and a bad ***** motor would be alot of fun.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Go to page 807 halfway and you will see a pic of a2 speed installed.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:28 AM
nastyboys727

see now thats whats up thanks unc vinnie good lookin out
i say that cuz i asked other ?'s and didnt get any kind of respond like it would cost them money or somthing
Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 AM
KeithjV

This was the first post Ive ever seen from you in this thread.
Most questions get answered pretty quickly.

ORIGINAL: nastyboys727

i say that cuz i asked other ?'s and didnt get any kind of respond like it would cost them money or somthing
Old 02-13-2010, 09:05 AM
nitro-rob

Are you aware that there are 800+ pages of information here with a search function? I don't mean to be a jerk here but the idea of these forums is to cover questions and develop a knowledge base to look back on as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personally I'll never reply to one of your questions if you act like that from waiting a day. Last I checked no one here owes you a reply, and theres always a search function. Also if you didn't realize it the nitro threads are usually pretty dead in winter, due to the majority of nitros being shelved due to the weather, so replies are alot slower. Example notice the post before yours was 4 days old.

and like nitro-rob said there is always the search button if you want to know immediately.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
KeithjV

Old 02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Uncle Vinnie

I'm using the HPI Racing Clutch that has the 3 holes on each shoe, I'm putting a new one in and I' wondering if it makes a difference on performance what hole to use.
First hole the clutch will engage at low RPM for smooth acceleration
2nd hole will engage at high RPM for more bottom end
3rd hole engages at higher RPM for even more RPM

Is there really a big difference in performance depending on which hole you use????
I'm assuming "more bottom end" it means more top end speed...is that correct?????

I would buy 3 clutch's to test each hole, but unfortunately up here in Canada they cost $21 each.

Any help clarifying the issue would be great.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
KeithjV

Vinnie the clutch is not going to determine your top speed. Thats all going to depend on you engine and your gearing.
What those holes allow you to adjust is how soon or late in the RPM range the clutch engages. If you are a high traction surface a higher RPM engagement is good. If its loose and slippery then a lower RPM engagement will give smoother more controllable take off. If you were trying to get the truck to wheelie for example you would want a higher RPM engagement to snap the front wheels into the air. More bottom end will give you better acceleration out of turns as well because the engine will be spinning a lot faster when the clutch engages, which can also help you get over some jumps. Ive never tried the adjustable clutch shoes. Ive only used different weight springs to adjust the engagement. I hope that made sense.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Uncle Vinnie

It makes perfect sense, thanks a lot...it's exactly what I wanted to know.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:22 PM
KeithjV

Ok cool. Wasnt sure if it made sense. Glad it helped.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Doogie147

thanks keith and vinnie i was just going to ask the same question just had mine apart and was wondering the same thing :P damn you guys are good its like ya knew what i was thingking lol
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
MACGYVER1

does any company make metal gears for the 2 speed to replace the plastic ones
Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
KeithjV

Not that Ive seen. But why would you want metal gears anyway? The plastics are pretty strong and they provide a cheap weak point in the drive train. Id rather strip a $3 gear then break something more expensive
Old 02-14-2010, 05:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

yea the plastic ones are good I still got a 9 year old MT1 gear in mine without a slipper that shows almost no wear.(last thing I have to replace)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 PM
MACGYVER1

i would like to run alot of power through it with out changing parts every other day.i would like the hole drive train to be bullet proof,with maybe some kind of slipper to be the week link.to bad they dont make a torque converter that would serve as an abuse buffer.after all i would realy like to push the thing pretty hard,no jumping or one every now and then.i just want a mean street truck.i have a sportwerks .26 i would like to try in it,or the os .18 tz pull start motor that i just got from tower.also what pipe and header works well with the .18 tz .i have one for the .26 maybe i will see if it works on the .18.your comments,thoughts and ideas are welcomed.thankyou for all the great info on this site.you all seem to be great people with the apreasiasion of the smell of nitro in the air ! ! !

thanks,darren
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
KeithjV

Ive never seen a direct drive two speed with a slipper. Only on a set up like the Savage tranny. As long as the gear mesh is set correctly you wont have any problems with the plastic gears handling the power. The diffs are the weakest link in the whole drive train. Im using a BUKU pipe on my TZ because I got it for a very low price. Ive heard good things about the trinity pipe with the TZ though.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:45 PM
eminentguitar

Hey guys been gone for a while kinda lazy lately lol just cought up with all the new posts that I missed in the past months. Nothin much new here just freezin my rear off wishing I could bash. I cant wait for spring to come I have 4 trucks waiting to givver!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

Hey guys been gone for a while kinda lazy lately lol just cought up with all the new posts that I missed in the past months. Nothin much new here just freezin my rear off wishing I could bash. I cant wait for spring to come I have 4 trucks waiting to givver!!!!!
yea same here I'm sick of just sitting and looking at my nitros
Electrics I find just are not as fun, well I've yet to find one that I find as fun as my nitros (My DF-02 comes semi close but its limited in what it can do, but it is waterproof)
Heres my last project cause I couldn't find an electric to satisfy me just hope it does what I want seeing I've yet to be able to test it (snowed 5 inches 8 hours after I finished it)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9470004/tm.htm
you might recognize some parts
Next I'm redoing my MT1 elec convert in a similar style seeing I hate the way the pinion mesh's with the spur gear on my current one.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM
mikers4-3

i am new to rc universe and not very good with a computer at all, i cant figure out the sherch i read about in the therd,i have been trying to get a question anserd for about a mounth now, not through rc uni but local hobby shops and on line elsewere,i've seen big blocks on mt's befor but now i cant find any, i have a rs4 3,i have to have the 5.9 on it, its aii alloy and vrey heavy i waNT A LOT OF POWER. hobby shops say impossable ,but if ive seen big blocks on mt's witch is basicly the same platform why not my car? if i took off the pull and the roto start and went with a bump start and modded a rdlogics dual rear exhaust to work ,would it all fit?? The exhaust is a secendary dream but the moter has to happen.. please help...
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
KeithjV

Ok, no offense but that was actually painful to read..[:@]
If you are asking if you can mount the 5.9 in your RS4 3 EVO the answer is yes it can be done. You will have to drill new holes for the engine mount and make an exhaust hanger but it can be done. I wouldnt run the rear exhaust on the engine though its not going to give you the full power of the engine.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 PM
mikers4-3

wow thanks sorry for your pain, one more ? what moter mount? and do i have to go with a bump start? ok 3?'s last one, what pipe will give me max power?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 PM
KeithjV

lol. Im guessing you are typing on a cell phone?
The regular mount that comes with the 5.9 for the savage.
The pull start should still work as long as it clears the rear shock arms and the rear diff. Even with the pull start you can still bump start it.
Hmm, on that engine Im not sure about the pipe. I think the stock HPI pipe for it is pretty good. You probably cant go wrong with a 086 pipe though.
Make sure you post some pictures of this beast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.