Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

the hyper st PRO thread!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:56 AM
Echelon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the hyper st PRO thread!

I just finished editing my new video of the hyper ST. I'm quite satisfied with the final product. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBXeZJaexMg
Hope ya enjoy
Old 07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
malice23

I agree, *** man...This whole page became a classified for your truck sale...Why you selling it? Getting a new truck wont make you any better buddy lol.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:53 PM
mrbusta

ORIGINAL: malice23

I agree, *** man...This whole page became a classified for your truck sale...Why you selling it? Getting a new truck wont make you any better buddy lol.

moving on as brought a new truck wich is tremendous for me racing wise and it has dropped at least 6-8 sec a lap
it out performs and weighs far less has more tuning options its like going from a street stock to a grand prix car i wont start bagging anything saying this is better then that model its just my opion on what i have experienced
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM
speed lover

Well I just invested in Hobao's new Mini Hyper ST and wow what a little car. Firstly it really is mini but the performance is'nt. I have had alot of cars now and this technicly really is a masterpiece. The most impressive part is the front driveshafts constant velocity joints I think they are called more efficient than the large 1/8 scale car ones and they don't have that whip effect. also the suspension is fantastic handles well at speed off road does n't bounce off the ground alot absorbs all the bumps nice without bottoming out and stays quite flat like a buggy. I had a MT2 and a Firestorm HPI but this car will replace both of them. It is more stable very reliable so far and the engine is the easiest I have had to start. And is also very stable at around 225 and 235 degrees. Also does not lean out at half a tank and produces lots of power enough to spin the HPI wheels and tyres which are bigger on take off. It has 3 diffs front and back disc brakes which are awesome better than any other car I've driven or seen. Also alloy adjustable shocks anti roll bars 12mm hex hubs front and back chassis stiffners and a nice polished alloy tuned pipe. Also the .12 engine could be replaced with an .18. Hope Hobao are working on a new 1/8 scale truggy that will move things forward as far as they have moved the smaller cars as I realy like 1/10 scale truggys but this 1/12 is way superior than the fully upgraded hpi firestorm I have I will have to say the standard hyper mini is not as fast top speed wise but great everywhere else but an .18 OS TZ will fix that.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:28 PM
malice23

Ive heard ogf people doing all sorts of mods to their braking systems and to tell you the truth all I found that was the culprit in the braking was the power of the TX battery not giving the brake pads "full bite" and the positioning of the brake linkage on the servo horn...I nmoved the linkage in one hole on the servo horn and added an 11.1v volt radio battery and lemme tell you...steers like crazy and the braking is like nothing ive ever seen...2800MAH lipo from intellect with the futaba connector. problem solved.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
thecoldone06

ORIGINAL: nwolsink

This is my setup, all you need are these parts:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/15646
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3678 (you have to trim them a bit yourself they don't fit right on)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4499

This brake setup can flip your car over!
I'm very sorry to revive such an old thread but I need some help. The 3rd link you mentioned is no longer available at Amain. Do you know of any other brake pad (I'm assuming thats what that link was for) that will work and give me some brakes? The original post by nwolsink (page30, post 748) had attached images. The 2nd one shows the disc I believe to be the link that doesn't work above. Thanks and again I apologize!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
lika1

Ok, I know this is an old thread but very informative nevertheless. I'm also aware on the Hyper ST being an "aged" platform. With that being said, I ran across a Hyper STwith an OfnaForce .32 millfor $250 and scooped it up; nothing wrong and everything works great. My question is, with the age of the Hyper ST platform, would any of you have picked it up for that price? I've already ran it several times and it RUNS, just wanted some current opinions on the Hyper St since the majority of this thread took place in 2008.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
speed lover

Just wondering if you still make the carbon parts as I'd love a set ?
Old 04-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Remote

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Need some help from the guys who own/owned the Hyper ST. I get discontinued rc cars and rebuild/refurbish them. I recently picked up a Hyper ST. Im not 100% sure if its the basic model or the Pro. It does have the Pro parts, but how can I be sure if its 100% the Pro model? If any of you have spare parts that are new/like new and looking to sell, LMK. Right now I'm looking for the spoke wheels that originally came with the truggy. This one came with yellow flat disk like wheels.
Thanks.......

[/URL]

Does anybody know if the chassis will replace the one I have? I looked up Hyper ST chassis and this one comes up, but mine does not look like this one.
[/URL]

Last edited by Remote; 04-09-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That chassis is just milled out in certain areas to save weight. If you look at all the mounting holes they are the same so it will work.