Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

TH Or Hobbico Cust. Service Problems

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

TH Or Hobbico Cust. Service Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 12:44 AM
crasher_2
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH Or Hobbico Cust. Service Problems

OK I just got the aero cruiser arf from hobbico. Tower hobbies sold this to me and today I just recieved it and it was missing many parts- wing struts,battery,tail,screws.....You know this was disapointing- I was hoping to fly it this weekend any one else with experiences like this from hobbico planes? Now I have to send it back to TH and hope I get a better one with everything. Also anyone with bad experiences from tower at all?[:@]

http://www.towerhobbies.com
Old 11-19-2004, 08:02 PM
wrcflyer
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: TH Or Hobbico Cust. Service Problems

crasher -2 i have always had super service with tower . i just got my first hobbico plane . a su -31 . it had a crushed wing . hobbico service sent out a whole new wing set with alerons. if there is a lot parts missing they are going to want the whole kit back . if you are in a rush , just order another kit and return the first one for credit. i have done that . good luck you can't go wrong with tower hobbies. BILL WRC-FLYER
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 PM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

I agree, tower usually bends over backwards to solve any problems that you may have. I have ordered countless items (including many ARFs) before and invariably you will end up with a bad or missing item from time to time. A quick call is usually all it takes to solve the problem. Granted you may have to wait a few extra days, but what else do you expect?
Old 11-20-2004, 07:57 PM
jayselle

ORIGINAL: sbaugz

I agree, tower usually bends over backwards to solve any problems that you may have. I have ordered countless items (including many ARFs) before and invariably you will end up with a bad or missing item from time to time. A quick call is usually all it takes to solve the problem. Granted you may have to wait a few extra days, but what else do you expect?
They screwed me. Somehow they managed to double an order I had. I received an email saying my order had shipped and already had it. I called them and they said I would have to wait to receive it and then send it back. But in the meantime my check card had already been charged. They refused to refund me the money until the items were actually in their possession. They called FedEx and had the delivery stopped but they still wouldnt refund until they had it. After about a week I finally got the refund. It was a rather large expensive order and put my account negative, but I had also written a couple checks and used my check card too. After all was said and done I had to pay about $140 in fees from my bank because of NSF. My bank has overdraft protection but they charge you out the ying yang. So my $5 meal at McDonalds cost me an additional $20 for NSF, etc, etc.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:02 PM
ICE_MAN

Hmm Tower has never given me a prob.. I'd give them an A++++...When my NEW .46 La crapped out I sent it back and got my self an ST 51 oand only had to pay the dif between the 2 engines..
Old 11-21-2004, 09:09 AM
hgiles
My Feedback: (4)

I have had only good service with tower. All I had to do was frown over the phone and they sent me a new one. In fact, I try tower first for anything I need for that reason. Sometimes the mistakes are the manufacturer's and sometimes the distributor's either way Tower always makes good on it. Give 'em a call and I am sure they will make things right for you.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:21 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

On one of my Tower orders they sent the wrong size prop and a crystal I didn't order (or pay for). I called them. They told me to keep the crystal and prop and they would send the right size prop. A few days later the wrong size prop showed up again. Before I had a chance to call, another package arrived with the right prop. Fortunately, even though they were the wrong size, I can use them on another plane. As has been said, little mistakes can happen, not a big deal as long as they are easy to correct. In all, I've been very happy with Tower and continue to shop there.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:47 AM
crasher_2
My Feedback: (8)

I'll continue to shop there too, but on thurs. when I first called they said they wouls send me a label to send it back- I called saturday night to check and they didn't even know they needed to send out a label
Old 11-21-2004, 10:22 AM
rjbarthel
My Feedback: (2)

I have spent and ordered 100`s of items. And nearly 90 seperate orders from tower over the past 5 yrs. I have always been very happy with how they treated me !
Sometimes I have had to be nice and say good bye and then call back after I regrouped from having a Dumb kid on the phone.
Then the nexed call would end up in the good and all. But like I said I always have been happy with them they do want your biz and are willing to help but they do have some people that dont seem to care also or maybe that person is having a bad day too . Anyway I will give a Thumbs up to tower from my experiance..
Old 11-21-2004, 10:52 AM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I my experience, both companies are first rate in customer service.

I've only had one glitch from Tower -- as part of a shippment, they sent me four 1500 mAh battery packs instead of four servos -- I called, & they told me to keep the batteries -- the servos arrived three days later.

With Hobbico, I had occasion to return a student's Nexstar under the warranty (the only Nexstar that I have seen that was a dud). No problems -- a new one arrived pronto. One negative aspect (other than the original rogue Nexstar) was that I had to pay the shipping to return it to Hobbico.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:58 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

You know...all in all, Tower does a great job at Customer Service. I would say they set the standard. Of course there will be problems from time to time, but if the problems go in your favor in the end, then it really wasn't a problem.
I have personally gotten GREAT service from Tower Hobbies, and will continue to be a customer.

Jim C
Old 11-21-2004, 04:36 PM
tychoc

I'm in the same camp. Always gotten great service from Tower. Last shipment from them was incomplete. The box it came in was torn, and several small parts (glue, servo, pins, CA etc.) was missing. They never questioned it. Sent me a replacement right away. I think my shipping exerience with Tower is the best I have experienced on the web.

They've got me hooked.

My 2 cents.

-tycho
Old 11-21-2004, 05:38 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

The only time I have seen problems with service ANYWHERE in the R/C communitiy is when people BASH them here first without working the problem out with the supplier.

Even tower makes mistakes. If you were in such a hurry you should have gone to the LHS so that you could inspect your kit. There is always risk in mail order as they do not have a chance to inspect every kit or part sent out..

DP
Old 11-21-2004, 10:04 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few better deals to be found at other places besides Tower Hobbies, but there is a reason why Tower is the biggest in the Hobby World. I have spent a pretty good wad of money with Tower, and mainly because I know for a fact that they have great CS if something goes wrong. Like I said, you can find better deals at other places, but you didn't save a dime if someone sends you a defective item, and then won't stand behind it. You can say many things about Tower being to big, or hurting Local Hobby Shops, etc., but it would be completely false to say that they had bad CS. Tower got where they are by earning peoples trust, not by telling customers to shove off if something went wrong.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:21 AM
jayselle

ORIGINAL: desertpig

The only time I have seen problems with service ANYWHERE in the R/C communitiy is when people BASH them here first without working the problem out with the supplier.

Even tower makes mistakes. If you were in such a hurry you should have gone to the LHS so that you could inspect your kit. There is always risk in mail order as they do not have a chance to inspect every kit or part sent out..

DP
I just explained above I had a problem that hurt me very bad. I spoke with the highest management at Tower about it (that they would give me on the phone) and the person said this

"Our policies are more important than the customer, whether or not we made a mistake we still have to follow policy."

We have two large hobby shops in town that carry just about all the common items, and if they dont they can get the item very quickly. I went to Tower because on large purchases they offered the rebates, however, come to find out my local stores will macth in. I plan on helping out the local economy and stores from now on, and of course I get to actually speak with the owners of the local stores who are very knowledgeable. I know there are lots of people who just have chain stores or dont have dedicated rc airplane stores and use Tower as their main source and that is perfectly fine.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:16 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: jayselle
They screwed me. Somehow they managed to double an order I had. I received an After all was said and done I had to pay about $140 in fees from my bank because of NSF. My bank has overdraft protection but they charge you out the ying yang. So my $5 meal at McDonalds cost me an additional $20 for NSF, etc, etc.
Such fees can be reversed. Ask Tower to write a letter explaining that the extra draft was their fault. Banks will usually remove the fees when their customer can prove that the overdraft was not their fault. If your bank will not remove the fees, go back to Tower and tell them, in writing, that they need to cover them. Copy the Better Business bureau.

PS. This is the kind of occurance that has kept me from having a check card. I just think it's too dangerous to have a card that provides a direct line to my money.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:23 PM
roltech

I'm still waiting to hear from Hobbico on the nextstar plane crashed because of faulty clevis to elevator control horn about 2 month ago. they acknowleged receiving the returned plane but so far nothing else. But then again I sent the plane on Christmas week.
roltech
Old 01-22-2005, 03:41 PM
jmpac

Did Hobbico ever get back to you ? Jim
Old 01-22-2005, 04:44 PM
roltech

Yes they did Jan 19 2005. "email" ( Your new kit was shipped 12/27/04 via International Airmail) and allow up to 6 weeks for delivery, I'm still waiting for this kit
don't know what the kit is all about ARF, RTF, KIT ??? But it looks like the will look after me and that's a good thing. I like this plane if only for keep sake It started me in this great hobby and now have two other planes, all this in less than a year.

roltech
Old 01-27-2005, 09:05 PM
roltech

ORIGINAL: jmpac

Did Hobbico ever get back to you ? Jim
Yesterday I recieved from HOBBICO Customer Service a new Nextstar ARF to replace the RTF Select. thumbs UP for HOBBICO I'm very happy with there service since this was the first time I used there service I will keep buying there products if the service is as good as this experience. Thank You HOBBICO.
roltech
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Eyeguy
My Feedback: (1)

I have dealt extensively with TH over the last 5 years, and have mail-ordered more than 100 parcels from them over that time. The very rarely make a mistake, and when they do, they have ALWAYS fixed it to my advantage. In my book they are tops.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:59 PM
drumbum
My Feedback: (1)

They have my vote. I had an HS-425bb come out of the flight pack with the Jitters. after narrowing the problem to the servo itself . I called them and they said they will send another. I asked them about sending the other back. They said dont worry about it.
Exellent service, one of the best if not the best in R/C
Old 01-28-2005, 09:56 PM
jmpac

I also have had very good service from Hobbico Service . After sending my Nexstar in for repair after a crash it was returned in excellent condition in nine days . We will be Snow flying again this weekend .
Thank You for the excellent service Hobbico .

JMPAC
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
rjbarthel
My Feedback: (2)

I just had another great customer service from tower/ hobbico . I have had several tower 46 engines And I have one that just was not running right and after many trials and attemps at corecting the problem I decided it had to be the engine. I sent it in and with a letter explaining all what was done and so on . well I now have a new TH .46 and in 9 days total turn around .. Im very happy and hope they dont change a thing because I have not ever had a bad experiance dealing with them . but then thats why I buy 99% of my R/C from them . Id like to spread around my biz but due to past items ordered from others I keep going back to tower for the speed and selection customer service . Top Notch All the Way!!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Calflyer

Never a problem from Tower. Thats why, once a Tower customer, always a Tower customer! Im sure if you let them know the problem they will try to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.