Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMPro Lancair

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMPro Lancair

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
snooozy-bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMPro Lancair

More on my Lancair.
powered by OS 46AX with a pitts muffler. Prop 11x6 Master Airscrew (I would like to fit a wooden prop later for even better looks)
CG @72mm back. no weight needed to balance, just moved the 5 cell battery as far forward as possible. Throws elevator 8mm up & 8mm down, ailerons 0.5" up & 0.5" down, rudder 0.75" left & 0.75" right. Weight around 2.5 kg (I think-cant quite remember)
Radio JR PCM9X Synth with 10 ch PCM Synth receiver.
Rudder 70% exp on high rates with 60% low rates 20% exp.
Elevator 25% exp high 65% low rates with 20% exp.
Aileron 30% exp high 70% rates low with no exp.
I fitted a remote glow & fuel filler so I did not have to put holes in the cowl. I use an allen key to adjust the mixture This fits into a small allen head screw ground down to fit the mixture screw.
I left the wheel spats off due to our grass strip.
Any questions please ask.

'What goes up must come down'
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
snooozy-bear

Some more photos, showing the cockpit- downloaded a pic of a Lancair panel U glued it in. Have to find a smaller pilot (hits the canopy if placed at the side).
pitts muffler, fuel & glow remotes, control fitout, note the landing light (super bright LED in the nose-it switches on via a nano switch & lipo battery with series resistor) on gear channel.

'What goes up must come down'
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97341.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	926711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79373.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	926712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75735.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	926713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75017.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	926714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63350.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	926715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10148.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	926716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19310.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	926717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm30073.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	926718  

Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
RadarController
My Feedback: (2)

Just got my Lancair in the mail yesterday. Lately I've been using mini/micro servos for my 40 size planes. They end up flying sooo much better. Lower stall speeds, and just overall great flying planes when they're light. I'm using Hitec HS-85MG's for ail/ele/rud. 41 at 4.8v and 48 at 6v. Always using a sub micro for the throttle. Little pricey, but overall I save roughly 3-4oz. I also use the Hydrimax 750mah AAA batt. Weighs 1.9oz. Ordered the new OS FS-56a. Wanted a four banger for more scale sound. Not to mention the good gas mileage and reliability. I've always had better luck with 4 bangers when it comes to dead sticks. I'll post some pics through out the building process.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
linkadrip

My lancair died all electronics removed from plane and engine. Will post pics later. Whatever you do make sure you have a good running engine this plane has no glide Ratio and mine dead sticked and hit the ground nose first. For the most part the plane is intact. Good bye to the lancair. i wont be rebuilding this plane. Oncew a plane is gone its time to move on.. Good luck with yours..[&o]

For the most part it still looks like a plane but all the internal wood was destroyed in the front and some in the back. A large hole is in the wing inside the fuse. I'm gonna patch it up try and make it look good again and hang it. My first Plane i nosed into tthe ground. And if someone shows intrest in it. and has the fiberglassing repair abilities that wants to take onthe challenge of repiring in i'll sell it to them cheap.lol

I myself dont have the know how on repiring fiberglass plus the would have to make all the wood components that go in the front that hold the tank and throttle servo and such.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75367.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	936829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62216.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	936830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34412.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	936831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi17133.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	936832  
Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
ALO 111

Bad news linkadrip. Sorry to say I saw this coming myself thats why I retired mine while still in one piece.I have to agree with you when you say good luck to those still flying them.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
rlinus

I have purchased this plane and so far seems to be going together well. This is my first glow powered plane and I can't wait until it's ready to fly. I have been taking my time with the build and it is coming along nicely. I will be using the new O.S. 46AX for power. I am a little confused on the engine mounting. The instructions call for aligningthe to marks on the mounts with the lines scored on the firewall. If I mount them that way the engine will be way off center. What I have done is mount the engine temporarily to the mounts and line the engine up with the center of the cowl. Can somebody please tell me if this will be ok or give me some ideas to get it correct? I know I will need to cut out some portion of the cowl bottom for the muffler. I just need some advice.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
RadarController
My Feedback: (2)

Switched up the powerplant on this. Using a 46LA. 11.5oz with muffler. Plenty of power for this scale plane. Maiden will be this weekend. I'll share the over all weight in a few days. Add some photos in a day or two.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
fredo1234

I have just received a cmpro lancair. I am considering modifying it to have retracts. Has anyone tried this? Was it successful? Looking at the fuselage and wings I think it is do-able. The mains will have to be moved aft to avoid the main joining tube(The current fixed mains mount just rear of the main joining tube).

Thanks

Stuart
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
jkent4

I don't think I would try to to install retracts. Cutting into the fiberglass for the nose might be a no-no. It may be hard to fix if you mess up. Alot of the real Lancair aircraft do not have retracts.

The plane in real life is actually a legacy model (WITH RETRACTS) with the flag paint scheme
http://www.lancair.com/Main/lancair_gallery_legacy.html

The plane from Lancair looks like it is a mix between the Legacy FG and the IV-P model. Winglets on one and retracts on the other.
http://www.lancair.com/Main/iv_ivp.html
http://www.lancair.com/Main/legacy_fg.html

I just got mine in the mail and I have to say I am impressed with the $109 plane. I think I could kick the fuselage and nothing would happen to it. I can't believe what an awsome fit the nose cowl and wings are. The painted fuse is so much better than having bubbles in the ultracote or whatever. I will be running a Evo 45 in mine. It is the best quality out of the last 5 planes I have had including, H-9, E-flite, and Seagull. The only thing is the instructions. You need to have built a couple of planes before this one.

I crashed my H-9 P-51 pts with the trainer system installed. That motor is an awsome motor, and cheaper than the .46, once you remove the trainer prop and weighted thrust washer (flywheel according to parts list) with the thrust washer from the 40 or 46 2cycle. It is cheaper than the .40 and .46 and almost as powerful as the .46 with .455. displacement. It has the same stroke as the .40 but the same bore as the .46 (actually more .867 vs .864). Just buy the thrust washer for $1.99 (EVO040219 vs EVO040219A).
I just thought I would try to same people some money. Since it is advertised as a trainer motor that is probably why they have it listed as cheaper, I guess. Once I made the changes my P-51 HAULED A**.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:48 PM
spanishlady

after a long long time am back on this board,
well i still have my lancair and it was untouched during last year
yet to come back this year and hmmmmm i once tried running it with the TT.46 pro with 11x7 prop
during taxi no problem, altough the frontwheel in grasfields is not the thing to be!!!
so during taxing no problem, then went for the highpower try, hehe after around 10 meters airborne!!!
ok just straight and land the thing!!!
i wasnt very pleased with the engine and its power altough enough i suppose 1,43 Hp @ 14000 so back to garage.
put in newly bought MDS.58, this engine suits better than the squared head TT.46 and build for the mounts.
now running that engine in with a 12x7 prop and my god thats a powerhouse!!!!!!!!!!
even with breaking in (rich mixture) it pulls like an horse!!
anyway will try to fly it in this configuration a.s.a.p. and will all let you know.
soon i will upload pics also with new engine.

p.d. linkadrip, sorry to hear you lost yours!!!! damn what a waiste but hey
they go up and do come down! only i wish everytime they come down its a safe ending!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
spanishlady

well to continue my previous post,
she had her maiden the last week with the .58 engine.
Really have to tell that conditions for maiden were somewhat windy with gusts but hey sun was shinning so i thought i should give it a go.
Well about 20 feet or runway needed in rough grass but well at first i had impression she didnt pick up speed but once airborne it went like a screamer.
I have to say that i didnt check CG as i should have done properly but well once airborne i was all excited and only needed 1 trim of up elevator.
At first this plane seemed to me like it was really one to hold in the hand but well since it was windy with some strong gusts i really have to say that those conditions were far from optimal for maiden.
after all she made about 3 flights that day and i am impressed with the controls, she really is very good to control and does everything although she didnt like me to do strong rudder and ailerons together which resulted in a spin, yes she can spin also!
just let go of controls and easy back on elevator and she will be yours again.
only one tiny little problem occured that day, while on take off just at the moment she wanted to lift one of the wheel fairings (left one) got turned and got stuck in the gras which resulted in a roll of the plane, luckely no damage beside the motor mounts that broke (i was lucky i didnt put the motor cowl).
so need to replace those and after that she will fly, on not such windy days, and i will enjoy every flight of it.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 AM
ALAkrAn

Hola, soy nuevo aca y mi nombre es Julio. gracias por recibirme. Yo hablo muy poco Ingles, pero puedo leerlo sin problemas. Disculpen si no lo escribo-traduzco muy bien. Yo hablo Espaniol, Gracias.

Necesito saber donde puedo conseguir el manual del Lancair CMPro 360 MKII de 58". No puedo encontrarlo en ninguna de las tiendas donde podria comprarlo, y quiero ver los detalles de construccion antes de comprarlo.

Me podrian decir ademas, si este modelo terminado tiene el ala de una sola pieza  o son dos semi alas que se desmontan para el transporte?

Gracias Amigos, esperopor su ayuda.

Eject!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Hi, I'm new here and my name is Julio. I speak very littleEnglish, but I can read it without problems. Sorry if I do not write/translate very well. I speak Spanish Thanks.

I need to knowwhere I can get the manual for the ARF CMPro Lancair 58" 360 MKII. I can notfind in any stores where I could buy it, and I want to see the detailsof construction before I buy.

I could also say, if this model come in a one piece wing once finished or two semi wings that are removed for transport?

Thank's my Friend, I hope for your help.

Eject!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 PM
spanishlady

buenos dias,
escriber un poquito espaniol pero explicamente en ingles ok.

Vale, in english
well first i must say that the plansfor the lancair are unfortunatly not in my posesion anymore but well since they were printed on paper in such tiny letters and pictures well u possibly couldnt use them anyway.
also they used some cheap translator for chinese to english that words are really strange in the manual.

ok about the wing.
Well the balsa covered wings come in two pieces but should be glued together with a alumium spar in the middle.
on the other hand since the front of the leading edge had to pins and the back of the wing had two bolts i am certainly sure u can let them seperate also.
then when flying the plane put them together with the alu tube and fix onto the fusulage.
I glued the wings into one piece so more strenght!
Seemed a good plan bcs well since my plane went into the ground when landing it, slowed down too much and stalled the plane at 1 meter high before it hit the ground, result;
one crack in fusulage (repairable)
wing in one piece so no damage there.
the spar where the bolts go for fixing the wing is broken so need to make another and replace.
the rest seems ok on some damage in paint but i can survive that!
well since mine was powered by an .58 engine which was giving plenty of power
i have to say that the plane was nervous in my opinion, it flew but well stable and calm is another word.
I have a kyosho sukhoi su-31 that is powered by an webra.60 (antique engine) turning a12x6 prop and that plane flies so incredibly calm and stable in contradiction to the lancair.
Anyway, good luck with the manual, maybe cmpro has it just enter their website and ask them to send one to u.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
ALAkrAn

SpanishLady Thanks! (You;re girl ... right?)

When in doubt, best be careful! Ja Ja

Thanks for your effort to speak my language, I understood your post correctly).

Look, I finally buying a Phoenix Tucano .40 ARF, because I read that the Lancair is very "Bronco" and unstable for a beginner like me.

Anyway, my question was whether, when a model should have the wings of an one piece, this and this beside is of great wingspam, You put it at risk to carry.

I've been in the past and built my own airplane models. I have some knowledge about the art of building models.

So, I think it's possible to make some changes to be able to safely carry in two half-wings and mount this before flying in the Field Fligh.
It is more work, I know. But it is more safer transport and storage of the model if the wing is more smallest.

Thanks for being so helpful and trying to communicate with the caveman that can not speak English.

If you are a girl a kiss for you or if you are Kid, only a great hug .

Regards!

Julio
Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
albsurfer

I had this plane in the flag paint scheme. I used an OS 55AX and 12-x7 APC prop. It flew great for 7 flights, doing almost all aerobatics, then I lost power in the middle of my final approach turn and it nosed into the ground from 30 feet! It caved in the firewall and broke the forward fiberglass fuselage in too many places to repair. I used the Ailerons on low rates because it was very touchy with the factory settings and I tend to over-control. I have since discovered that the prop selection should have been an 11x7 on the OS 55AX (Read RCU) and not in the 12" range at all as OS recommends.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
C-Mac

I have recently completed this plane and notice that the right elevator control surface is a bit warped and the two elevator control surfaces do not line up perfectly. The right elevator lines up fine on the furthest right point but as you pan back towards the ruddr you can see it is warped and has a slight decline in the wood. Will this be a major issue or will trimming work it out?
Old 06-03-2023, 07:27 AM
jlk69

My recently completed Lancair 360.

Converted to electric power.