Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend 1/6 Scale F16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend 1/6 Scale F16

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:15 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jetlegend 1/6 Scale F16

Hey Imperio- I am having a hard time believing that you are an F-16 Pilot, and if you are, didnt they put you through personality school before OTS? You are wrong about the issue of the L.E Flaps, and when anybody says anything you divert back to "i didnt design the f-ing thing? Before you come on here claiming that you know what you are talking about, just realize that there are in fact people that know what they are talking about.(7 year Electrician on F-16's, or 20 year Crew Chief)- simmer.

BTW- Flight Simulator and Falcon 4.0 doesnt constitute one being a pilot.......

Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what....giving out your address and phone number is supposed to show that you are serious, .....that you would like someone to call you out.........PLEASE. give me a break. For someone who has been a POW??? and has injuries from your time served??? you sure sound like you have alot to prove. I wonder if you would talk this talk if you were INDEED face to face?????

Billy
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 PM
NickC5FE

BRAVO Billy, Bravo! Well put my friend......
ORIGINAL: Billy

And what....giving out your address and phone number is supposed to show that you are serious, .....that you would like someone to call you out.........PLEASE. give me a break. For someone who has been a POW??? and has injuries from your time served??? you sure sound like you have alot to prove. I wonder if you would talk this talk if you were INDEED face to face?????

Billy
Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Someone needs a Military Bearing lesson from Uncle Joe.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
siclick33

Only 3 F-16 pilots were shot down, captured and held POW in Gulf War 1. None were reportedly shot down by friendly fire.

Interesting

Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: siclick33

Only 3 F-16 pilots were shot down, captured and held POW in Gulf War 1. None were reportedly shot down by friendly fire.

Interesting

none of them type shorthand like a 16 yr old kid either i bet.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Imperio, my english teacher in high school had a term for people who write like you, its called RUN ON SENTENCES !!!! There is button on your keyboard that has a little dot on it.............. They go at the end of sentences and start the new one. Its very difficult to read your posts and understand what the heck you are talking about with all that typo globbed together.
Just my 2cents
V..
Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
imperio
My Feedback: (5)

well we wernt talking about the leading edge devices in the first place or supersonic flight, or anything remotly recognizable to that subject,it was jetlegend F-16 negative AOA cuase problems on takoff and whether changing landing gear position was nessasary, the real aircraft gets around this problem as i mentioned before by wing config as my solution, if u dont like it dont use it, what part of that dont u understand? dont respond to my post just ignore me, since u think im a idiot for flying them and its obviouse u did not fly them, since i did and u did not im the expert on this subject not u got it?, as a matter of fact i instructed both A-10 flight instruction as well as F-16 flight instruction and live fire for both, since u built them for 5 years i guess that would explain some of the problems some of us as pilots had to worry about with the aircraft, seems the civilians with ur attitude were more interested in holding a cup of coffee than doing there job right, resulting in lives lost as well as aircraft,so was wondering if u still work there building them? and Since u built them for 5 years why didnt u suggest this simple wing mixing config thats already in most radios programing, that brings the model up to the wing config standard the real aircraft flys buy? and u dont have to be a full scale pilot to see this is the way this aircraft model or full size should be set up, hell its designed to utilize this flight control config, dont believe me call the dam factory rep at general dynamics, call jetlegend and see what they think of me and my idea, ask them if they support the wing mixing config i mentioned as a solution, or repositioning of the landing gear, since it is me they use for reference in this matters as well as others, because im/was a fighter pilot the real deal, my freind Yang and his wife Zoe at Jetlegend r experts at what they do, and they rely on the words of a expert in such matters, not hear say/inane bantering, so give em a email? give em a call? mention my name LT C Terry Alan Balnkinship USAF Retired, they know me, they can bear wittness as to who i am, wether i know what im talking about, im not a rep, but im going to give Credit Due, jetlegend builds some of the best Turbine models and landing gear that r trouble free and reliable and fly the best that ive ever seen, im impressed, and to the owners of the jelegend line,,, i feel u have bought the best, im tired of this arguing over what isnt even the original subject matter, im going to agree im a idiot for alowing myself to get dragged into this nonsense instead of flying im making my hands hurt typing, well i can correct that, im going flying whoever wants to stay and argue over the wind blowing can do so, the rest of us will go fly and be real pilots, not key board jockeys that hide behind a computer trying to confuse the issues at hand instead of helping there fellow pilots be succesful at there flying aircraft and coming home at the end of the day with there aircraft intact and a smile on there faces, this is supposed to be fun, and Ryan get off the other computer and lets go to the flying feild ive just cut the grass to the smoothness of a golf course at my place/30acres, im gonna be there flying at 7pm so who ever else that knows me that comes out to my place thats on rcu im going out to fly, load em up head em out, dont forget ur sunglasses Robert u made my Oakley blades smell funny last time ya bum,
Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, let's not allow this thread to become a back and forth critique of someones credibility and lack of civility. IMHO, the RCUcommmunity, more specifically those of us with the JL 1/6 scale F-16, would be better served if we continued to share our negative and positive experiences with the plane. As Malcolm Kaye has done in a previous post to this thread, he has provided suggestions as to how we might reduce the take-off runof the JL 1/6 scale F-16, with video to show the results of his mods. This type of information is useful to me whether I choose to incorporate it into my model or not. It does give a few more options to consider as I reexamine the assembly of my particular plane. After 23 years in this hobby (12 years of turbine experience),I don'thave all the answers, so I am open to any suggestion that's reasonable and validated bypractical application. So please, let's move forward.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Well said, David, Let's keep this forum open for technical improvements. Even the full scale F-16s have tons of problems that need to be worked out overtime. Right now, I am still scratching my head on how to set up a better flying F-16 for our ARF PRO airplane. Let's roll back to the technical things. Here are the air brake system that we made for the JL F-16 and our ARF PRO version. They will be available through our Global Jet Club in a few months. I will post some more info later.

I am interested to know how these air brakes work in full scale so Ican problem my radio to do that. Any input? Imperio?

Mike
Global Jet Club
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65137.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1202054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26616.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1202055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61974.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1202056  
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: imperio

seems the civilians with ur attitude were more interested in holding a cup of coffee than doing there job right, resulting in lives lost as well as aircraft,so was wondering if u still work there building them?
Hell no, nowadays I get to design cup holders on the SR-71. I was also USAF, but I guess that didn't keep me from drinking coffe during DesignReviews.

and Since u built them for 5 years why didnt u suggest this simple wing mixing config........I only fly 1/8th scales so far, apparentlythey do not have the same problem. I can suggest this though.............Add another set of wings, sort of like a biplane jet, call it an F-32.

dont believe me call the dam factory rep at general dynamics - Sorry to be the one to let you know, but GD no longer makes F-16's. Hell even Lockheed Martin is almost making no F-16's anymore. If you want F-16 help, you may actually need to contact Jet Legend. They bought the rights from LM.

jetlegend builds some of the best Turbine models and landing gear that r trouble free and reliable and fly the best that ive ever seen,
I agree I have the small one and it is a piece.

last time ya bum, back atcha! now go away so dad can use the PC.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

Well said, David, Let's keep this forum open for technical improvements. Even the full scale F-16s have tons of problems that need to be worked out overtime. Right now, I am still scratching my head on how to set up a better flying F-16 for our ARF PRO airplane. Let's roll back to the technical things. Here are the air brake system that we made for the JL F-16 and our ARF PRO version. They will be available through our Global Jet Club in a few months. I will post some more info later.

I am interested to know how these air brakes work in full scale so Ican problem my radio to do that. Any input? Imperio?

Mike
Global Jet Club
Mike, they are manually engaged through a switch on the throttle stick, not much programing features there. Your mechanism is very similar.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

LOL

how did I miss this thread? hysterical.

Mike keep up the good work with the GJC.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 PM
NickC5FE

Falcon, i am pretty sure that they have two positons, 33 degrees when the gear is down and 66 degrees when the gear is up, this prevents the pilot from scraping the brakes on the ground on landing roll out. I may be off on my degrees but i know thats the config......Nick
Old 05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
P38J
My Feedback: (14)

Ah, another rep? everybodys a rep, trying to punch holes in my story is that?, well puch holes into this idiot? and for the record yes i was a F16 pilot, no i didnt build the ****ing thing/F-16 and neither did either of u, it is of amazment i must say i sit reading this innane banter, im wondering where u were when everyone was having trouble getting there planes off the deck/ let me guess ur a rep for lets say skymaster? or since u sell or rep jetcat i know ur selling skymaster and ur trying to **** over ur fellow man and as long as jetlegend stuff doesnt work its $ n ur pocket and ur the only one who knows this little secrete that i just let out of the bag it seems ur stuff and u fly better cause ur keeping information from any and everyone, well tell ya what its reps like this the world can do with out, if ya go to another country jetcat engines isnt as expensive as they are here, ever wonder why that is? its because men like u who feel they want/need power/control over everyone and they over charge, and u are attempting nothing more than trying to gain control here on this forum, do u really think everone else other than u is a idiot? and for the record the slats/flaps whatever u want to call them jetcat rep n his side kick, theses surfaces are controled buy the flight control computer/ecm not by some dumbass switch thats weight sensitive because if i feel like aborting the landing and going around for let say for a touch and go or if i just felt like burning some more rubber from the tires cause im special, the flight configuration of the wing remains the same untill the speed of the aircraft falls below a certain point or i reach over and push the button!, id give out that information here but i feel/need the power/control over the jetcat rep n his side kick, lol ha,hows that feel to get some of that control freak crap back jetcat rep n his side kick? also id get a better costume other n the one i picked for u guys? and id like to close in saying im not going to respond to anymore post that arnt constructive and only designed to discredit, and id like to say i spent 7 days pow after being shot down by my own side accidentaly, so ive given more than enough of my life to have some would be half pint dictator come up n here and try n play footsie with me, try to discredit me i live in okla my address is as fallows 1509 harwood grove tecumseh okla 74873 my ph#405-598-0132 drop by i,ll give u a free look at the product of my pow and being shot down if uve got the balls to look me in the eyes? and im supposing that ur landing gear switch as soon as the gear feels weight on the wheels also pulls the flaps/ailerons/flaperons up? well what about the fact that sitting at the end of the runway running up for my takoff run these switchs r keeping my landing/takoff wing config from being slats/flaps down flaperons/ailerons down? because this is the wing config at takoff, well in my opinion its obviouse that helping these fellow pilots with there problem is the furthest from ur mind, i dont post on these forums because of this example, if the system u describe dumps my lift then how the hell am i to go around/touch n go after making contact with the ground and it supposidly dumps my lift/wing config? doesnt happen that way, ur crazy instead of trying to help these people here, ur trying to undermine that, keeping them under the impression that there jetlegend F-16s are inferior and are in need of some major modifications, and that would hurt jetlegend sales helping ur sales therefore u get more $, i dont care what kinda model or engine a person flys id help em regardless, guess thats where u and i differ, if i was jetCat owner id just email jetcat n let them know what i think of there rep and his intentional attempts at manipulation over his fellow man, hows that for a idea

If this is the best you can come up with you need to reach a little deeper in and pull you head out. if you were indeed a pilot stick to it, cause when it come to the nuts and bolt of how the f-16 flight controls work and what inputs go into the flight control computer you need to go back to school. This is info you won't find in the Dash 1 just by skimming through it so flying the F-16 is different than knowing how it works.I've worked on this airplane for most of my adult life and I normally don't chime in on these threads but I feel the need to point out bad info when I see it.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 AM
imperio

i gave references check me out, n choke on it when it comes back as i said, n at my rank i dont take **** off nobody least of all a bunch of fattass coffe drinking donut eating wannabes, n i gave my number n address out, not to call somone out for a fight lol, but i thought maybe one of u doubting tomas turds might show up and check me out, settle this once n for all, but thats not going to happen cause u want to keep it going, , it wasnt a threat but ur always welcome to take it anyway ur insecure little mind wants too, im busted up pretty good after iraq between the scars n military information to back it all up i figured it would be good enough proof,but then theres my typing skills, seems they dont meet ur high standards, they broke my hands n they didnt stop there, n it took much surgury to get me n my hands to the point they are now, at first they thought id lose my right hand, but managed to save it, and i was downed in desert storm ,  i hope i meet some of u in the future maybe u can run some of this crap by me in person? and we can see if it flys? surley some of u live in oklahoma or know somone u can send to check me out cause i want to hear what u have to say once its known im who i say i am, that i told the truth and u are liars, cause im scarred up badly n look like bulls ass sewed up with a grape vine n its very obviouse, i wear a moriphine patches, basicaly im crippled, somone made the comment he found this all interesting, my wife has been watching these post n i wont repeat what she had to say about it other than this, to all that have made fun and doubted me here i am more of a man now crippled than u will ever be, anyone who would laugh at what i went through is the lowest of the low,  but i will remmeber who u r, ur the ones who tortured me for 7 days thats who u r, the very same, one and the same arnt u? i remember how they made fun of me as well, how they broke my hands so bad i could not even wipe my ass then they made me sighn some paperwork and laughed at the fact that i could not write, get my drift?  i spent the next 5 yrs of my life going through one reconstruction surgury after the other,  go ahead laught it up, try to lower me to ur level, good luck with that,
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
siclick33

Come on Imperio, tell us the true story!The official list of POWs from Desert Storm don't include the name you mention. None of the F16s or A10s shot down were piloted by the name you mention. Who are you really?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 AM
NickC5FE

!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:09 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

How did I miss this? A bit early for Scotch, do popcorn and coffee go well together??

Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Damn guys.. let the little 12 year old have his fun trolling and just leave him be.  I can't believe that some of the names I have seen on this forum for years, are actually LISTENING and asking someone for advice who has a grand total of 9!!! posts  on this forum..   And if its so hard for him to type b/c his hands "hurt" and were broken to the point of almost being lost.. HOW THE HELL DOES HE HOLD A RADIO??
Old 05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

This guy is full of BS.

This guys brags about having a full scale yak. Yet the FAA has no record of him being a pilot, if you go here https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/you can search and see if someone has a license and what ratings they have. Granted in his gallery he has a pic of a R/C yak, still not the real thing.

I fly with all of the active turbine flyers in OK and no one knows this guy.

These forums are about sharing information, but they should also be used to alert those who spread misinformation.<o></o>

Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
imperio

i give up, good luck beating up the next person who disagrees with u, cause im not having anything to do with RCU and i will spread the word of how i was treated here
Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: imperio

i give up, good luck beating up the next person who disagrees with u, cause im not having anything to do with RCU and i will spread the word of how i was treated here
so you go running off to the next site to spread your BS? U want people to respect you, theirs PLENTY of ways in this world to show it. how bout a picture or some type of proof other than "coming to your door".
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

His hands appear to work fine here....does anyone in the Viper community recognize the face in this pic?

Don - he DOES havea Yak.....

....but it's in 50cc size. Per his profile here.

Imperio, please don't go away mad. Stay and have some more fun with us - I for one am grateful to you for livening up the forums again.

Barry
Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM
rcyogi

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh you guys made him cry............Now he is going back to his mommy...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.