Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Charlottesville Racers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

SMan -- thanks for looking at the servo - I appreciate it. I know that my throttle servo went bad and I am wondering if that caused the signal to both servos to go bad? I guess the only way to check it is to try it out in my buggy. The servo is a bit faster than I like/need/can handle - but I do miss the torq/power that thing puts out (200 oz) !
Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 AM

I have raced in 10 race series before and your right, they are to long. I only suggested it because it would increase the money for prizes. I would rather do a 6 race series.
Joel what do you think about the money issue? At $10 a pop I know it would add up pretty quick for you and Amanda. I dont want the money thing to stop people from racing and Im afraid it will. We have an unusual situation here since it would cost at least $10 to race anywhere else and thats for a normal weekend club race with no prizes or trophies. Everyone has gotten used to running for free and I dont want to ruin that. Like I said before we can just do a free points series and skip the prizes.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:59 PM

I wouldn't mind a 6 week race series at $5 an entry. You made a good point in that most everyone is used to runnig for free or with a donation in to the race fund.

You and I have discussed the fact that for me (and you and Scott) it is about having fun - so for me the prize money is not that big of an issue. However I know that others like that added bonus and it gives them something to shoot for - and now that Eddie and Dave and Christian are pushing hard at the top - you never know who is going to win. So - like I said I would be willing to try it for a 6 week series at $5 per entry.

The only "issue" I see is what if someone shows up on say week 2 to race for the 1st time in several weeks and they don't know anything about the $$/points series -- do they race and not have to pay - but also don't share in the purse or points? I guess that we would just have to make a rule for it and we all hold to it for the series - that would be fair.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:35 PM

Hey Guys, Eddie is finally on the post. If you need any info regarding Wayne's track, I am here!! Chat with you soon!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 PM

Nice to see you found the post Eddie. The entry fees might be the biggest problem... if its to low then its not enough to even get something like a set of tires and there isn't much else you'll be needing that often (like tires). Set of tires will be $60-65 alone and thats just for one winner and something like servos hardly ever need to be replaced. There would be some good and still cheap prizes I guess that would be fine if we could only run $5 entry fees like wings, bodies, and even bottles/cans of paint. This seems like its just going to have to be a whole lot of compermise.

Just running around I broke a ball joint on the front of my buggy and I'm pretty sure we have them at Stampy's. If not I'll buy a spare off of anyone willing to seel it to me. I also need the suspension arm (front HyperPBS) because the rest of the bolt is snapped off in there. Weather I can run or not I'll see you all on Sunday
Old 06-04-2005, 01:16 AM

First thing is lets make sure everybody knows there will be NO cash prizes. Money makes people act funny and it kills the racing. It would only be prizes such as parts and such.

Now as far as the series goes we would have to get the word out to everyone before it starts. I like a 6 race setup with 2 drops. Once the series starts everyone pays to race and they earn points. If you missed the first race then that is one of your drops. You still have 5 races to get your best 4 races in. If you miss more than that then you havent been racing to begin with so sorry about your luck. Also with 2 drops it gives the regulars a little breathing room if family stuff comes up and you cant race or if you have a bad weekend with breakage before the race.
Now if we decide to run a series and there are people that dont come out a lot or dont want to run the series then they have options. They can run on Saturdays or run at the track we are not running at on Sunday. I dont want them knocking someone back that is running the series. It wouldnt be fair.

I would still like more comments and opinions before we decide on which way to go.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:08 AM

6 race series where the best 4 races count towards the final points works for me. I also like the idea that if someone that is not in the series shows up that they can run a quick tank (1) in between heats and on Saturdays. Sounds like a good plan. I know that some would like the bigger purse with $10 per race and if that is what is decided I'll go along with it -- but my vote goes to the $5 per race entry because I have 2 to pay for.

I am not sure how many of "us" are on this site so I think that we'll just have to talk it over at the track when we have more people there.

Fast Eddie -- good to see you made it here.

Now for the important info == with all the rain we had is there racing tomorrow (Sunday) and where???
Old 06-04-2005, 11:27 AM

We will be racing for sure. I just talked to Scott and we are heading to Wayes in a little while to lay pipe etc. I think Wayne would like to race at his track but we need to make sure the stand and track are ready. I guess I will post progress later today and where we will be racing.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:02 PM

OK --- it would be nice to finally race at Wayne's -- looking forward to it.

please do post here it there is a change and it is decided it would be better to race at Scott's tomorrow (Sunday). Unless I hear otherwise - I'll see everyone at Wayne's, we should be there around noon.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:30 PM

Just spoke with Scott -- he and Kevin had just returned from Wayne's - sounds like the track needs a little more work and maybe the driver stand - that track has come a long way in just a short couple of weeks --- but the message here is that RACING IS AT SCOTT'S tomorrow June 5th --- be there or be square!!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Yeah, racing at Scotts.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:43 AM

OK everybody, just a reminder we are racing at Scotts today and hope to see everyone there.

Chris I know your still waiting on parts but come on out anyway. You can run my Jammin RTR. It might not be the fastest but I have it running pretty good and it handles great.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:47 PM

Hey all, sorry for taking so long to reply. The past week has been a crazy one and I came down with some weird bug this weekend. [:@] Wish I was there today!

@Kevin: You'll give me your old Axis chassis? Wow, you just made my day, THANKS!!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:34 PM

hey Matt -- sorry to hear that you were under the weather -- hope that you are feeling better now.

I forgot to ask Kevin about the rolling chassis -- sorry about that. Not sure if he brought it with him today or not - if he did maybe he left it with Scott (?)

I started thinking about the last time you were out there to race and I know recall that you broke a hub on the front end - hopefully you'll be able to take what you need off of the rolling chassis that Kevin is giving you. We may be racing at Wayne's next weekend (at least that is the plan now) -- so keep in touch with this thread to find out -- but be prepared as that may change if the final tasks can't get completed -- if that is the case then we will probably be racing at Scotts.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:58 PM

Yeah Kevin left the chassis with Scott.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:33 PM

Hey Matt I left the rolling chassis and body at Scotts. The shocks are not on it. I still need to find them. They are here somewhere. To many cars and to many parts lying around to be able find anything.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:55 AM

thanks guys -- appreciate that replies.

I had a blast yesterday! I know Amanda did -- she broke in to the 12 lap per heat group, she was pretty jazzed about that. Man - I would be happy with 11 laps!! Shoot -- in a couple of weeks both Jessie and Stephen will be beating me!! Oh Well - as long as I am having fun (and Amanda keeps kicking butt) I am good.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:55 AM

Hope you had fun at Scott's this weekend. I got other things to do but I apreciate the offer Kevin.
Adelphia's cable service is borked so I can't see this site from home. Posting from work now .
Bulkheads are still backordered, I am pissed [:@]

$5/race is good. 6 races with 2 drops sounds like a good plan.

Are any of You interested in going to a bigger race sometime and make it a fun weekend get-away? It could be fun if some of us went together. There are some really nice tracks in NC not terribly far away.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:29 AM

I may be interested -- Amanda and I have been talking about something like that lately. I know that there is a race this month in Amhearst county (Stampy is one of the sponsers) that she and I were thinking of driving down to watch and see how a race is run and see how the pit crews work etc... Neither one of us wants to enter a race and look like total newbies to the formated race scene (even though I am sure we would ).

Hey has your new spec 1 showed up yet?

Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 AM

The race in Amherst is on June 19 I belive and I like to go. Not sure if it is a ROAR event or not. Do you know where the track is?
Hahaha, looking like a n00b is the least of my problems. It's no biggie. I had no clue how anything worked at the Tiltyard but it turned out OK beside the fact that anything that could break did. I think they are going to run 5 min qualifiers so refueling is no issue. The main is probably a 10 or 15 min heat so 1 or maybe 2 stops needed.

No the SP1 is not here yet. The guy says his bank is holding ther money for 15 days (I have no clue why they would do that) so I expect him to ship this Friday. It's time to rape the CC again. Need a new receiver, a good steering servo and an adjustable clutch for the MAC .21.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:52 AM

The Amherst qualifiers are 5 minutes and the Main is 10 minutes. That is what I wanted to see - how the refueling etc... worked. I don't think it is ROAR - but not sure.

Scott got a MAC and broke it in yesterday -- that thing can really scream. I am so tempted to get the cc out and get one so I can have a back-up engine. The price is great for that engine - and I am beginning to agree with Kevin in that the Ofna engines are not worth the money at all. Both Kevin and Amanda ran thier OS .21 RG engines yesterday. I am very impressed with that engine --- can't wait to see how it runs on Wayne's track.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 AM

I always buy 'brand' name engines. OFNA does not make anything (or very little). For engines I stay with OS, RB, NovaRossi/Top/Rex, Picco, CMB/MAC.

The MAC is more a top-end engine and I found the OS to be easier and smoother to drive. On the other hand the MAC wasn't tuned properly.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:49 PM

I was thinking about emailing the guy and asking for directions and rules etc. See what the deal is and then decide if we want to get a group to go race.
Joel- the pitstop thing is no big deal. Basically you just go warm up, come in to top off, then your pit man times the race. When it gets to the time decided to pit he yells to let you know "Come in this time around". You just pull to the pit lane and keep gassing it as he(or she) refuels you and then get back on the track. It only takes a couple of seconds but feels like forever on the driver stand.

Now about motors. I really like that MAC motor. Scott had that thing screaming but I still like the OS. I know one thing, the only car to run 13 laps (both runs) was running the OS RG.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: dockman2

I was thinking about emailing the guy and asking for directions and rules etc. See what the deal is and then decide if we want to get a group to go race.
Joel- the pitstop thing is no big deal. Basically you just go warm up, come in to top off, then your pit man times the race. When it gets to the time decided to pit he yells to let you know "Come in this time around". You just pull to the pit lane and keep gassing it as he(or she) refuels you and then get back on the track. It only takes a couple of seconds but feels like forever on the driver stand.

Now about motors. I really like that MAC motor. Scott had that thing screaming but I still like the OS. I know one thing, the only car to run 13 laps (both runs) was running the OS RG.

Hmmm... let me guess, it was you?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:52 PM

Well I hadnt really thought about it but yeah it was me. That XB8 didnt do to bad on its first outing. [8D]
Chris you should have came out. I had the Jammin RTR waiting for you to run. I mad e some adjustments and had it running pretty good. Amanda let a new kid (Steven) drive her buggy. Then at race time she decided to let him race her buggy. I told her there was no way she wasnt going to race and said he could race my Jammin so she could race hers. This kid really surprised me. He is great on the fast sections and the big jumps. Looks like he has being doing it all along. He had some problems on the slower sections but by the end of the day he was starting to get it. He made 9 laps which is pretty good for the first day running RC. I think he ran a quart of fuel through my buggy and never broke a part. I think we are all going to have to watch out for him in the future. I guess he is now going to be my sponsored driver. Scott was nice enough to donate a quart of fuel to the cause. He is a good kid and has been helping out at the track for a while so I figure I should help him out. At least until he starts spanking me on the track...with my own buggy.[]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.