Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

the hyper st PRO thread!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the hyper st PRO thread!

How much better is the Pro kit over the RTR version?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 AM
TeeKuang

I think the Pro is far better imo, below are comparison:

Pro:
1. CNC front and rear towers.
2. CNC 7075 main chassis plate.
3. CNC front knuckle,
4. CNC front and rear brace.
5. All around CVD shafts.
6. Carbon fiber servo plate and center diff plate.
7. center spider diff.
8. CNC front and rear arm holders.
9. CNC steering plate.
10. Aluminum wing support.

RTR:
1. Plastic Front and rear shock towers.
2. Stamped 6061 main chassis.
3. Cast aluminum front knuckle.
4. Cast aluminum front and rear brace (can break easily)
5. only front CVD shcfts.
6. Aluminum servo plate and plastic center diff plate.
7. standard diff.
8. Plastic front and rear arm holders
9. Stamped steering plate.
10. Plastic wing suport.

Did I miss anything?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: sparko

How much better is the Pro kit over the RTR version?
rtr for bashing, pro for racing. you'll spend twice as much upgrading the rtr rather than just buying the pro from the start.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
TeeKuang

Even for bashing, i'm sure you would want a stronger truggy, so the Pro is the way to go. RTR is okay, but most people here having a problem like broken front knuckle, front/rear brace and plastic arm holders. RTR usually means, Ready To Replace. []
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

The Pro it is! Now I just need to come up with the cash
Old 07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
j_blaze

anybody seen any info on lightening the pro? seems to be a popular trend on all cars, just want to see what has worked and what hasn't.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
bryanke

hi, does anyone know how easy it is to do the mugen tank modification on my hyper st. i have all the parts and i am ready to go but i am a bit apprehensive about starting it and messing up. i notice on past posts someone mentioned fabricating a part for the fuel shield would anyone have any pictures of this or could anyone point me to a step by step article on the web. i need to sort this out asap as the half tank lean is killing me on the track every weekend and i am concerned about engine damage from running too hot.
thanks all.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
j_blaze

YES! i found some awesome pics of my hyper from a local photog, awesome job rcactionpics.com i'm coming to make some orders. look at that baby turn!

http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_055.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_051.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_046.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_061.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_067.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_070.html
http://rcactionpics.com/gallery/2008..._2008_076.html

cool.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:34 PM
j_blaze

anybody heard of or ran mega motors? ZX-21?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:45 AM
j_blaze

alright, dropped in te new motor yesterday and its a screamer, makes my S5 look like a sport motor. i noticed though the bottoms of the c-hubs, where the mud guard connects to the bottom of the c-hub, is cracked on both sides. not sure if its from the mods i've done, ie. cut out the backs. so i threw in a set of aluminum cen c-hubs and with a little trimming they fit perfect, the hobao cvd's were rubbing on the c-hub a bit. i'll test it out today if it ever stops raining.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
vyt666

hey guys,does anyone tried mounting hyper7 shock towers(yanick version) on your st?some racers here in the philippines are converting their hyper st towers to hyper7 towers because it is lighter than the stock towers of the st pro..
Old 07-13-2008, 09:40 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

anybody heard of or ran mega motors? ZX-21?

Mega ZX-21 is a rebadged Picco P7R EVO 2
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
supertib

alright, dropped in te new motor yesterday and its a screamer, makes my S5 look like a sport motor. i noticed though the bottoms of the c-hubs, where the mud guard connects to the bottom of the c-hub, is cracked on both sides. not sure if its from the mods i've done, ie. cut out the backs. so i threw in a set of aluminum cen c-hubs and with a little trimming they fit perfect, the hobao cvd's were rubbing on the c-hub a bit. i'll test it out today if it ever stops raining.

LOL ! Now do you see why I called the S5 a Sport motor when compared to the Picco .21 ? That ZX-21 is identical to my favored JPX 21/Picco P7R/Drake .21........ I got alot of flack because I said exactly what you are now saying when comparing these engines....

the scary thing with the Picco 21 is that it will take 2 gallons for its real top end to start showing, these motors take quite some time to loosen up and start making big HP... I advise you to run a 086 pipe on that motor, as well be prepared to have to seal the carb body as in my Picco thread...
Old 07-13-2008, 09:43 AM
j_blaze

yeah, they are a direct fit. i have a set of cf towers but the durability of the stock towers far outweighs the weight loss. i'm going to start some lightening of the st this week starting with the chassis braces, front upper mount, center diff brace and shock towers. i won't loose a pound but now that i have a crazy fast motor she's ready to do some main domination.

the mega zx-21 motor is a beast, it was born to ride in the hyper. so much bottom i actually went up a tooth on the clutchbell 13/46 and still would want to wheelie in some spots. crazy fast motor even on a "heavy" truggy.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM
supertib

yeah, they are a direct fit. i have a set of cf towers but the durability of the stock towers far outweighs the weight loss. i'm going to start some lightening of the st this week starting with the chassis braces, front upper mount, center diff brace and shock towers. i won't loose a pound but now that i have a crazy fast motor she's ready to do some main domination.

the mega zx-21 motor is a beast, it was born to ride in the hyper. so much bottom i actually went up a tooth on the clutchbell 13/46 and still would want to wheelie in some spots. crazy fast motor even on a "heavy" truggy.

Did you buy the engine new ? is it a turbo head version ? what plug and pipe do you run on it ?
Old 07-13-2008, 07:11 PM
j_blaze

my buddy bought it new but it was too much for his cen so i got it now off trade. ran it today and it was awesome till i had battery problems. went back out to the track and one of the guys there saw me run and offered a trade for it, WS7III. so out goes the mega and in goes the ws73, glory at last. the mega had a bit more kick way down low but the ws7iii is just butter all the way up, plenty of juice. i was running the only plugs i ever run, odonell 99 med/cold standard and it had a mega 2046 pipe with it. i think they sold this package before as the "power pack". very good overall, actually great, but i could not pass up on the RB.

LOL ! Now do you see why I called the S5 a Sport motor when compared to the Picco .21 ? That ZX-21 is identical to my favored JPX 21/Picco P7R/Drake .21........ I got alot of flack because I said exactly what you are now saying when comparing these engines....
i knew it was a sport motor, i just would not own up to it since i always do well with it. the new rb sure is a step above anything else i have driven. if the picco is the same as the mega, a lot of guys down here need to learn how to tune cause i've never seen a picco or jammin run like the mega does. it might be a picco made motor (now nova rossi made) but something is definitely different in the mega over the picco or jammin. i have not seen a drake motor out here yet, or noticed one.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
supertib

my buddy bought it new but it was too much for his cen so i got it now off trade. ran it today and it was awesome till i had battery problems. went back out to the track and one of the guys there saw me run and offered a trade for it, WS7III. so out goes the mega and in goes the ws73, glory at last. the mega had a bit more kick way down low but the ws7iii is just butter all the way up, plenty of juice. i was running the only plugs i ever run, odonell 99 med/cold standard and it had a mega 2046 pipe with it. i think they sold this package before as the "power pack". very good overall, actually great, but i could not pass up on the RB.

i knew it was a sport motor, i just would not own up to it since i always do well with it. the new rb sure is a step above anything else i have driven. if the picco is the same as the mega, a lot of guys down here need to learn how to tune cause i've never seen a picco or jammin run like the mega does. it might be a picco made motor (now nova rossi made) but something is definitely different in the mega over the picco or jammin. i have not seen a drake motor out here yet, or noticed one.

it is 100% identical to the Picco.... they are awesome motors, just every now and then a few have carb issues......... its too bad you didnt get to see it run on a 086 and hotter plug, the 2046 is extremely restrictive and doesnt let that motor really open up.......... on a 086 that motor would have picked up huge amounts of power and RPM over the 2046..... you should have tried a 086 before you dumped it.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 PM
emubob

have Hyper ST and was wondering if anyone could give me a good starting point for toe, camber and shock settings or a link for them thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
strutz52

here ya go

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/tea...ter=0000001938
Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
emubob

Just what was needed thanks speed
Old 07-20-2008, 03:41 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you guys not had problems with the carriers? Like everybody here has had issues with threads stripping, or just outright breaking.. They appear to be the worst level of junk.. And given what they cost..., jeeze.. Mine stripped out basically within two days. It's happened pretty much to everybody in the German forum I go to.. Have a screw going in opposite direction, held with a nut at the mo.. Luckily a guy at the track who'd had the same problem helped get it fixed..

Talking to another guy now who's made some X-ray ones fit somehow, but I think I'll just order the cheap alu RTR ones for backups..
Old 07-20-2008, 04:18 PM
spikeitaudi

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Have you guys not had problems with the carriers? Like everybody here has had issues with threads stripping, or just outright breaking.. They appear to be the worst level of junk.. And given what they cost..., jeeze.. Mine stripped out basically within two days. It's happened pretty much to everybody in the German forum I go to.. Have a screw going in opposite direction, held with a nut at the mo.. Luckily a guy at the track who'd had the same problem helped get it fixed..

Talking to another guy now who's made some X-ray ones fit somehow, but I think I'll just order the cheap alu RTR ones for backups..
Are you talking about the king pins?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:42 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, the CNC carriers/steering blocks, whatever else they're called..

Here(just the first random pic I found..):

Old 07-20-2008, 04:48 PM
spikeitaudi

I thought the screw and the collar that connects the block to the axles carriers (where that picture shows the crack) were the king pins. Either way mine have backed out, but I haven't had it crack like that. That is one screw you need to check after ever heat.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:09 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

which "carrieres"? do you mean the knuckles in the front or rear hub carrier? i had to use slightly longer screws in the front ones because the stock ones did not use all the threads, i did have a set back out early on. blue locktite and they have been fine since. i'm also using the CEN aluminum c-hubs for now, seem to work perfectly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.