Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:49 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark, It is so good to hear from you! Yes, I always take my big radian glider to AZ. I will probably throw in the new Bixler just to have it with me as a back up. But you understand that once you have driven a Porsche who wants to get in a Volkswagen LOL. I’m leaving in a few minutes to go up and do a second maiden on the Bixler after last nights attempt. Oh she flew no problem there but I have been given misinformation where to draw the CG line. So that is been corrected this morning and now it will not be nose heavy. Also the right wing was a bit heavier but I thought it would be OK with a little bit of aileron put in to balance the plane out rather than weight,Remember the whole idea of this craft is to get it up in the air and let it float and shut the motor off so wait is my enemy. However, just finishing that wingtip to wingtip I was left with no choice but to put a couple of finish nails in the leading edge of the lighter wing and now I have a true balance in that regard. I also had a hell of a time when I would make my turns and I will admit there was a stiff breeze blowing up the canyon at the airport. But I couldn’t get that thing to turn, it felt like a 1948 Packard four-door sedan. Oh, when I put in aileron she tipped over but she just crabbed and did not make the turn very well and I had to alot of rudder LOL. I came home and looked at my old transmitter and I had had a 70% input on a mix from aileron to rudder! Again, I just finished putting that in and we shall see once I get her up in the air.
glad you liked the video of the Dam, you can imagine with 1000 bucks up in the air I was poking along not wanting to orientation. I had my camera tipped out level and horizontal because I figured if I had it tipped down I had no way of telling how high I would be as I went through. I’m getting good enough now that I trust myself I could probably barrel right through there. But hey, I’m not here to impress I was flying the Mavic just for the enjoyment of it all.

you take care now and I hope to see and here more from the both of you.

JP

Jusy got back from a seond flight and go the flaps dialed in, slight weight added to the light wing and the battery moced way back and flew very well. But the wind was blowing up the canyon again so she glides with the wind but the final adjustments will be with we all go up to the ridge and throw off the gliders looking for thermals.

Last edited by JPEE; 06-22-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi JPEE,

I forgot how important balancing is for the sailplanes both nose/tail and wing/wing. Glad you were able to get it worked out. How do the flaps work for the upgrades Bixler verses the old version? Some of my older nitro aerobatic planes I used to set up my flaps so they doubled as spoilers so I could flip them and do an inverted float when I ran out of fuel and deadsticked the plane then flip to a landing. It was fun and would freak out many of the members and I would hear them in the background saying is he deadstick and inverted?? lol. Glad you got that rudder to aerilon mix sorted out too - nothing like fighting your plane back to the field and not figuring out why!

My dad is coming to visit again this week. He'll be arriving early Sunday morning. We are going to visit a warbird museum in Titusville as he's been wanting to go there for some time. Last time he was here he helped me put floorboards down in the attic so to make a makeshift walkway up there - better then trying to play leapfrog from rafter to rafter! This trip he wants to help me put insulation on the garage door - this morning I stopped by Lowe's to pick up several sheets of insulation foam boards. I think keeping busy helps him. I'll see if I can talk him into having me change his oil while he's here this time around. I'm going to see if I can fit a morning of launching rockets and do some heli and plane flying - I know my son will have a great time doing that with his papa!

I've also started to do a bit more work on my car this year. In March my water pump went so I took about a month to replace it. What should have been a simple afternoon job turned out to be much more involved - thanks Ford engineers! I eventually had to take out the intake manifold and pop loose the fuel rail with injectors just to get to this metal heater by-pass pipe that connected the water pump to the heater core. Took my dremel and cut it out as it wouldn't budge. But got it all sorted out and everything running again. Even got a bit more power as I replaced the intake manifold gasket - guess I had a bit of air leakage from the old gasket. It was nice doing all the work in my garage!

Last month I replaced the tranny fluid and filter - I also finally got the c-clip off and removed the 1-2 accumulator springs so the transmission hits much harder with the 1-2 shift. I also used Royal Purple fluid this time around just to see how it performs.

My next project is the tail - specifically the open differential. I want to change to a LSD and increase my gears from my stock 3.27 to 4.1. Right now I'm just researching on the actual job involved (usual labor would run between $200-$500) as I would like to do the work myself. I would have to check around to make sure I can get all the specialized tools I would need, including a bearing press. But I wouldn't be doing anything until this fall, so I have plenty of time...

Mark
Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Over some past years I never really went to the trouble being a more helicopter flyer than an airplane of all of this finite balancing but it sure does make a difference in a non-motorized flight. Yesterday I made the final adjustments and took three finish nails and pushed into my lighter wing so I didn’t have to keep the aileron in there to hold the plane level. I got my battery CG where it belongs and then again installing the mix in the tail just made so much difference it’s explainable, so she is done. Last night before I was closing up shop I sat down and took a very strong look at my old Bixler with the broken vertical stabilizer and rudder but got crushed on my last trip to AZ. After watching some videos on how to straighten was boiling water and/or heat guns I think I can save the tail and router by inserting some toothpicks along with some heat down another phone with glue to hold it in its original position, that’s on my to do list first thing this morning while it’s cool. I have no idea how well flaps could really improve landing and even take offs, I found that out yesterday. I took a chance and put minimal flaps down and when I hand launched the Bixler instead of it going off dropping down like a plane does on an aircraft carrier dropping down and then going up.... it rather left my hand and just started to pull right up, I really liked that. While I am learning my new spectrum DX9 I noted there is a setting where you can input take off flaps on another switch so I may do that as well.
Good to hear your dad is coming for another stay. I’ll bet your son is really excited to be with this papa. With regard to your attic I did somewhat the same in mine. I took sheets of plywood ripped in 2 foot with and laid them down through the addict in between the trusses to make something comfortable to while on my knees get around up there. You’ll be happy you did this.
Here is a suggestion for an additional step if you don’t already have it for insulation on your garage door. These are jamb seals and I have been using them for years. They keep the cold air bugs, drafts and everything out. I am sure that the poly foam panels wil be a tremendous addition as well. I cannot even imagine what you went through to replace that water pump on the mustang holy crap what a job that became. But the upside is not only did you get a new water pump but you sealed the intake leak which gave me a little more burn rubber horse power LOL. Your transmission service Is something to really be proud of because most rancher’s or hot rodders don’t go to the transmission unless it’s a stick as they are straightforward. But getting into an automatic transmission with the screen in the pan and the filters the valve bodies and so on, you’re a pretty bold boy Mr. Mark is something to really be proud of because most rancher’s or hot rodders don’t go to the transmission unless it’s a stick as they are straightforward. But getting into an automatic transmission with the screen in the pan and the filters the valve bodies and so on, you’re a pretty bold boy Mr. Mark, kudos to you my friend. Once again digging into the rear end and changing your gear ratio is a big job but it is relatively simple it’s just a lot of steps. Just be sure that when you set the lash up between the ring in pinon that you use the appropriate thrust washers so the mesh between the two gears is spot on that’s where lotta guys make mistakes. And as far as the tools you may need and I don’t know if these are included but our O’Reilly automotive supply loans a huge amount of tools out when you buy materials from them at no charge! I was in the other day getting something I made got a sheet on the counter that’s probably his biggest three sheets of 8 x 10 paper was a myriad of tools for ball joints for spring compression for popping wheel axles and wheelbearings pretty incredible so take a look there or at your local parts house.

OK I bored you enough I’ll let you go good luck on your projects, enjoy your dad and his company.

Last edited by JPEE; 06-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Hope you had a nice 4th.

More later...

Mark
Old 07-04-2018, 07:38 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark and Nick,

Just a boring samo samo 4th. We always stay home and the excitement and drunks on the road wherever they are. Hope you and you family got to see some fireworks and have hopefully some good fire works!

Did do two hours. Of Bixler flying with the guys this morning at 7:00 am.

JP
Old 07-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Aframomum

Hi again! ER was getting busy so had to do a quick message. Yeah, have to work this 4th but since it has been raining out not too distressed this year.

My dad's visit was nice. He drove home Sunday night - he and his dog. lol. He kept the dog in the kennel this visit but we told him next visit the dog can stay as he did fine around our son (that was the biggest worry - its a little nippy dog but he was fine). We got to visit the Science Center and had a nice time there. We also did some grilling (steaks and burgers) one night and also splurged and did Red Lobster another night. We also insulated the garage door with sheets of insulation foam. I know he doesn't want me to take any days off while he visits but his next trip in December I plan to take the entire week off. It was very frustrating that I didn't get to do all the things planned because I had to go to work, or recovering from the night before.

My son did have a great time with his papa. We got to shoot off a few rockets and I got a few flights in with my helicopter. He did comment about the heli being 'very interesting flight'. lol I've moved my son up to larger rockets that use D and E engines. Most of his previous flights have been with A, B, and C engines but I got him a SpaceX rocket that uses D engines and its been no turning back since then!

This month is going to be busy for me as we have lots of openings for OT and I signed up for quite a few days. The extra money helps and with OT being in such short supply around here, you take what you can when its offered.

I'm glad to hear that you got some flying with the new Bixler this morning. Have you got all the balancing and flaps sorted out?

Thanks for the tips and videos on the garage door trim - I'll have to look into that as a future project. I have noticed an annoying cricket that gets into the garage and chirps all night long so that project may be sooner than later!

Yep, we have an O'reilly's and I have looked at the sheet of rental equipment you mentioned. I still need to save up for the parts (the diff is the most expensive part of the job) to replace my crappy open diff. From my early research it seems setting the gear lash is the most critical part - either you get it right or you wind up with broken gears! But this is a Fall/Winter project for sure.

Other than lots of work ahead of me not much left to report. Take care everyone!

Mark

PS. Has RCU changed the page layout so you no longer have page numbers, just a continuous page to scroll through? Just wondering...
Old 07-05-2018, 04:02 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good to hear your family had a good time with your dad's visit.

That is cool you know how to work on your car. All I can do is change the oil.

Thanks for pointing out the page numbers. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

John,

Your bed slider looks pretty cool.

I didn't know gliders needed a lot of balancing. That is good it is flying better for you.

I went to my aunt's lake house on the third to watch the fireworks. I enjoyed spending time with the family.

Nick
Old 07-05-2018, 04:24 PM
JPEE

UPDATED: July 6 and it is 113 degrees here today!

Hello Mark,
Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your dad and the entire family was together. I also commend you on taking the overtime when you can get it which is no easy task with the family when you’re not at home and yet the pay off is when your dad comes you can spend time with him and your family all together. Must be great working side-by-side with your dad putting the insulation on the garage door, remember you’ll always be his son and he will be your father! He’s got to be so proud of you and what you’ve accomplished. Dog gone it, I am going to have to call you and your son rocket man (men) He must be having a blast with his dad next to him doing these joint projects. The icing on the cake is that he’s learning about propulsion, telemetry and so on. He’s going to remember these years forever!

That mustang will all come together before you know it. You’ll take on that rear end differential and like you said, the key to worry around the setting up is the lash on those two gears. Not so much the peeling-out would strip the gears but over tightening the lash will wear teeth off of both gears.

Going back for a moment to the garage door seals, I went down and bought 4 lengths for myself to redo mine. When I got to the top one I found the dreaded termites! Subterranean termites had come up my door jam up inside and clear up the header beam and through both king studs. So I’ve got my garage door still on but there is a gap from the missing door jamb itself. So I scabbed in some old lumber I had so mice or rats or baby opossums cannot squeak through until everything is treated, then I'll go with the new wood as needed.

The Glider, Nick.....you balance a plane from the wing tip to wing tip by a using a poor-mans rig where you set the plane on the large drinking glass right side up if you don't have a store bought jig. The plane will tip left or right telling you which wing is heavier! Then I take 1 1/2" to 2" finish nails and stick them into the wing outward tips towards the fuse using them as counter weight until the plane balances itself. Of course the next step is the hang the plane upside down at "it's" noted CG which is generally 1 1/2" back from the front leading edge of the wing, some planes of course are different. When doing this I always have the battery in the plane. That way lets suppose the is nose light you just keep experimenting moving the battery forward until the plane will remain level. In my case remain level upside down on two number #2 penciled stuck in a wood platform so the erasers make contact with the wing. It looks like a goal post. All planes should go through this balancing, but for a glider like my Big Radian and even the little guy, the Bixler it is critical foa good floating flight. Once you power to altitude and you've shut off the motor your seeking thermals to keep you up and gliding nice and level as I said is critical. To light in the nose and the nose will want to come up and she'll stall on you. Nose heavy........she will resist staying aloft and will require elevator and struggle from the Pilot. When all is right, the only put I give is left to right on the ailerons and a 90% mix of rudder to help it turn.
I hope you got the letter I sent re your house and there was some info that might help you.

Both of you take care

Ok guys, forgive my first attempt at this letter, I had done it on the iPad and Siri spells like crap and also uses the wrong words often. I just hit publish and now today on the computer re-reading that post OUCH that's embarrassing.

Last edited by JPEE; 07-06-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Termites...Noooo!

I'm really feeling the dread for you just hearing about your termite discovery. Hope you are able to remove all the affected wood and get all the new stuff treated before reinstalling. Speaking of the little white buggers...part of the O/T money is going to have the attic space of the entire house treated. Its supposed to protect any exposed wood in the attic from the flying termites that may come in from the air spaces rather than the ground. Only problem is I have to remove all the stored stuff I have up there before they can spray. At least the attic is cool in the early morning hours. lol

Gotta love that Siri semi Artificial Intelligence!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:08 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I think that is a very smart move to protect your investment. Food for thought, you can look up and see what th termite rate is in yor area and what type. I am very close to a hot zone!
I got a second opinion yesterday and I DO NOT have subterrian termite, I have drywood termites! Turns out her was raised two blocks up rfom me on the same street! Then as an adult he bought the house from his parents! He graduated from the CSU I worked at. Then at 25 everything went sideways and he to got the C a little different strain than mine. He is now 35 and healthy! A great young man who is honest and forthcoming. He said we can spot treat my issue and I am waiting for his estimate. But I can guarantee it will be far far less to treat this small area than $2500 like the other guy that wanted to treat the whole entire perimeter foundation around my house and who had missed diagnosed which kind of termites we have. Once his work is done then I will replace my currently removed door jam, prime and paint and get the job done.

Just got myself a new toy for my RZR and hour ago, A brand new state-of-the-art iPad Mini 428 GB Wi-Fi cellular iPad. This one shall be used for GPS reasons in my RZR. There is a GPS program that is just excellent and far easier to use than others I have but only works on an iPad. I also have the same size as the mini iPad Samsung tablet which has been good but is a little more difficult to operate but will also be co-used above our heads in the car, why? The Samsung is loaded with software that has all of the BLM, Bureau of land management Arizona trails in our area with trail numbers. So when you’re out in the desert and you come up on a trail and you look at where you’re at on the map you’ll see you’re on trail 25162 and that one that goes to the left or right of you is trail 1234. In most cases there are mini signs on the trials now they put two years ago so you can follow them on the map and see where they’re going to lead you or which trail you need to take to go home to base camp. So that information is invaluable to have too. But the new GPS programming for the iPad mini does several things. It allows you to see many satellite versions of where your at and even Topo. Two, I can set it up and have it set from one minute apart too many minutes apart to every hour as an example and it will send it back to Judy where I’m at on the trail via satellite and she can see me on a link that the mini pad will send her should I go out and ride alone she knows exactly where I am. Also, if you’re riding with other guys that have the same program you can see them on the map as you’re driving as well as yourself that is really cool. So as an example there’s three of us out riding and we get a little steatched out I can look at my screen and see where everybody is! If I look back later and see there’s only two of us clearly I know somebody is broken down and lost behind me. So that’s the reason for the big expense to move up to this unit. We’re pretty blessed to have just about paid for it for free from our credit cards earned points. We charge as much as we can every month and then pay it of course at the end just to accumulate in a mass all of this free money, if they’re offering I’m taking it. I also just did a test and took my cell card out of my larger tablet which is Wi-Fi cellular and slipped it into the new mini pad and it works perfectly. I don’t think I need the cellular connectivity on this pad I’m going to think it over, it’s only another 10 or $12 a month to add it to our plan but really dont see the need now. The other option is to just pull my cell phone out of my pocket cellular for connectivity and just hotspot back to the tablet for some reason.

Today is the first day or it seems like a couple of weeks that it’s going to be below 100. We have been hitting temperatures of 116 and 17° day in and day out. It’s a good thing I’ve got a gold mine in order to pay my water and electric bill, I could just find the mind I forgot where it is LMAO. I almost forgot to say in my garage especially after we pull the car is in in this type of heat it to is been getting up to 117 and grader with the cars just pulled him in temperatures. So I pulled all of my airplanes transmitter is batteries Leo RC Fortress is all in the house in the guest room behind the couch behind the TV they’re scattered all over the house. Of course the electronic‘s can deal with that tiny he put the Styrofoam and plastic cleves’s on the airplanes things like that can deteriorate quickly and that Kind of heat. Let us all so not forget the belt drives on both my five and six on hundred helicopters. This year I’m going to make it happen in AZ and put back in the torque tube drives. I have all the parts just never got to it.

I haven’t done any flying in a week because of the heat. JP

Old 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

What a gigantus post!

Sounds like you have a good treatment plan for your garage door wood. I did a little bit of research on termites and you may want to do a visual check around your entire perimeter to look for any scrap pieces of wood to see if you have other types of termites lying around just in case. Can never be too careful!

Glenn would be super proud of your new purchase!! I'm sure with the real-time tracking your wife would feel more at ease knowing exactly where your at plus when your in a wandering group you all can keep track of each other. I am amazed at the technology that is available to us today and you seem to be at the forefront of all the new gadgets and their uses. Looks like this trip you'll have the chance to try out your new tech!

I have to agree this summer has been hot, hot, hot! Really don't want to be outside if you don't have to. I forgot you store all of your models in the garage and that's a good move to get them inside as the plastic/rubber parts can deteriorate. Don't need to lose a plane because an elevator horn snaps in flight. Yikes!

Mark
Old 07-14-2018, 05:46 PM
JPEE

Mark, it was NOT gigantus.......................................... ............it was Ginormous!

Thanks for the inspection tip. I did it myself and when then when the termite guy was here we pulled stuff out in the garage to see the foundation so we are covered there. Look like just one shot deal.

Thanks for the king words on the GPS it really is a great tool so speak.

Your 100% right on the proper storage of RC's themselves and related equipment, no likie the hear. LOL two years ago we came back to AZ and Phil went to his "like" AZ Stop n Lock garage. He pulled out and older e fan Jet and it was AMBER YELLOWISH.........the heat had fried it. He scrubbed it and bleached it and foe the most it came back to the eye. But he figured in a hard turn it might self destruct under the Gs.....but it did not. This last season he parted it out.

Today I got my extended battery box nearly done before I burned out. At 6:00 pm. here today Saturday 14th it was still 93, that just takes the fight out of me, that 45 min ago from writing this post. I hope to finish it tomorrow and at least get the batteries in I need go buy a few more battery jumpers to tie on the new extra to batteries added to the array. I talked with Glenn recently and he said to say hello and that he is well......

JP
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Yep, it was quite a post for sure!

Sorry to hear about the heat killing any long term outside activities for you. Usually we have late afternoon showers so the temps will take a dive to the 80's, plus with a breeze its decent to be outside. Hope you get the chance to finish your extended battery box - I take it this goes on your vehicle bed extender?

I'm glad to hear that your termite issue is contained to just the garage door jam area and no where else. That's a relief! We are planning to replace all the wood mulch in the plant bed areas with some type of termite resistant material. There's not much but its still an invitation for them to set up shop, so to speak.

I hope Nick is able to find some solution to his house issues.

I'm happy to hear that your still in contact with Glenn - he may not have realized but his contributions here are missed. Let him know even if he doesn't fly he's still welcomed here!

I have been watching youtube videos of differential tear downs and have started a rough list of equipment needed. I saw one guy pressing a bearing back on using a mallet and socket, similar to how we put a bearing back on our heli's. But, I don't think I want to be doing that with a brand new differential. So I need to come up with an idea of how to do a press for the bearing install without spending a hundred at Harbor Freight. Another area that looks very ugly is the pinion gear install. It seems that if you want to readjust the shimming you can't tell its needs adjustment until its all complete and you check the pinion to ring gear tooth mesh. If shims need to be adjusted you have to remove everything (diff/ring gear, pinion gear, pressed bearing) just to add/subtract a shim. Now, that alone is one big pain in the ### (possibly having to do that multiple times just to get the mesh correct)! So right now I'm going to add up all the equipment I'll need (that I can't rent) and see how much it'll cost me. One things for sure - I have many more video's to watch! When the weather cools down I may take a trip to the local junkyard and see about doing a bit of practice work on some of the scrap Mustangs just to get a feel for the job. Ah, a day at the junk yard - how nostalgic. lol

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 07-14-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:34 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good the termites didn't effect a bigger area of your house.

That sounds like a cool gps software for off roading.

That is good to hear Glenn is doing well.

I came really close to getting in a motorcycle accident on Saturday. I was coming up to a stop light in the middle lane. Then a car that was already stopped decided he wanted to cross two lanes to get into the left turn lane. He got halfway into my lane before he saw me. Luckily I moved in the left side of the lane, so on coming traffic could see me crossing the intersection and avoided him. Before I was riding in the right side of the lane, so people in the right lane could see me in their mirrors. He had a kid in the back seat, so he should have been driving safer. Then I saw another horrible driver cross two lanes and cut a car off to get on an off ramp at the last second. I have only seen bad drivers like that in motorcycle vlogs on youtube, but never in Lincoln. I should have had a camera to capture it.

Nick
Old 07-22-2018, 08:21 PM
JPEE

Nick, good to hear from you kinda.......... Wow, that is some close call my friend. Perhaps its time to hope back in your car?

I was hoping for a better outcome on other matter.. stick with it, do not give up! Keep an eye on the fees that you are aquiring during this process. It is what it is as they say........but you do not want a financial curve ball pitched at you in the end.

JP

I hope old Mark got to see that new Space X monster rocket they just lauched yesterday or today.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:28 PM
evdreamer

John,

I almost got hit again tonight by another car turning in front of me. I know there is a risk every time I ride, but it makes me angry when people don't care about endangering my life. I am not at the point where I am only going to drive my car yet. My car is really boring compared to the motorcycle.

Nick
Old 07-25-2018, 06:44 PM
JPEE

Nick,

My goodness, your really having a time............ you’ve go to have eyes on the sides and the back of your head these days to see what coming at you. We got cut off today as you discribed by a guy trying to get off the freeway. He rushed up behind me, hit the brakes, then swung left around me the cut to thr right....right in front of me to then move over to the ramp all of which had no signaling with his moves. Its nuts out there! When the doctors took my Harley away I was barely riding anymore beyond the side street in my neighborhood. Between the idots, drunks, cell phone talker’s and text-ers I knew it I was time. So when the Doc said no more the pain was not bad at all. Besides, I moved over to the helis which has become my life. You just be careful, we all did crazy things when we were your age and totally bullit proof. Mind your Ps and Qs my friend.

Over 100° every day here for sometime, it is a killer. A few days ago it was 117°

JP
Old 07-30-2018, 04:35 PM
evdreamer

Happy Bday Mark!

Sorry about the heat John.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:59 PM
JPEE

Happy Birthday Mark,

Nick and I are a day early but better early than being late or missing your big day.
Many happy returns! We are pulling for something for the Mustang and RC related comes with your cake.

JP
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys, thanks for the birthday wishes!!

We met a few friends and went to have Mexican. The fajitas were great and the fried ice cream was terrific! No Mustang or RC related but I did get a new rocket, so if I can finish it by this weekend I can take my son and launch it.

Nick - have you gotten yourself a cycle cam yet? Those are some close calls - you be careful out there! It seems people are more oblivious then ever now...

JPEE - hope you get some cooler weather soon. Ready for summer to be over now...

I've still been doing lots of overtime - all of July and a good part of August. I decided to slow down near the end of August and have not yet decided if I want to pick up days in September. Kinda getting tired of only having one day off per week then working 5 or 6 days in a row - 10 hr. shifts. The money's good to be sure but sometimes you do need some family time.

And yes, I did get to see the SpaceX launch a few weeks ago. Was on my break and saw it from the lobby window. There's another Space X launch Saturday night and then a big Delta ULA launch on the 11th - both in the early morning hours. So I'll be able to watch them since I'll be at work both nights.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:05 PM
JPEE

Hello MarkHello Mark,

Glad you had a wonderful birthday with friends family and some good old fashion Mexican eats. You are absolutely right that’s quite a grind you have yourself in and for short spurts like you’re doing a month or two that would be about the extent, for me that I would want to carry that kind of a load. I know you’re looking forward to your dad coming back and taking that time off but just remember those keywords from the old white hair.......... everything in moderation and that includes overtime.

The new rocker sounds like it’s going to be great for both you and your son must be something special next time you guys go out. Please post a link so we can see what kind of Rocket you’re working on. Not being a rocketeer, I have to assume you buy some type of replaceable fuel cell?

So glad you got the see thee....past launch and are posed to see the next ones too.

The heat here has been unbearable, we have not had A/C for 14 days and will not have it for 3-4 more days. Because have the big garage and shop I had it’s own HVAC unit installed separate from the house. So For all of these days of near and over 100 we have been living in the garage sun up to bedtime. Then we go out back and sleep in Toy Hauler RV and it too has its own A/C. The long and short of it is our area of California is crashing due to this never before seen type and length of it before in my lifetime. The service companies cannot cope, period. Those that can come can charge ANY PRICE THEY WANT. So I pulled some strings through a friend and got someone here this past Monday after a three date wait for that to be told the its dead DOA. I am sparing you the small stuff, I know A/C so I know whats truth or fiction. It took three days to price out a complete new system as mine was 23 years old and at that age you do not poor good money after bad, so they started today. Two guys busted their butts God Bless them for 6 hours and it nearly done. However, one critical part wont arrive until Mon or Tues then they’ll be done. Cost you ask, well I can say it is FAR less than what my friend just paid who only waited three days start to finish and she paid for her two story Condo $10Gs...........yes $10,000.00 dollars. Such is life, I am so glad I had this connection in the end.

JP

Last edited by JPEE; 08-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I don't know what to say - 2 weeks with no A/C?!? That is unbelievable. At least you had some insight to install a separate (and new) system in your garage so that gives you guys some place to stay while waiting for the repairs to be finished. I can understand the backlog the repair companies are dealing with - what, all the AC units in the area running full time and break downs sure to happen. What is appalling is there are no limits placed on these companies so they don't take advantage of the public - as you said, they can charge any amount they want with no restrictions. Hopefully when the summer is over there may be an inquiry into these over pricings.

But I'm glad to hear you had a connection to get your replaced without having to take out a second mortgage. 23 years is a good run for a system. Hope everything works out for you this week and you can get back to the rest of your house.

Mark
Old 08-04-2018, 05:08 PM
JPEE

Thanks Mark, all true what you said. We did hit a small wall, the evaporator is being shipped up here Mon or Tues then they can add the freon and fire the puppy up! Monday here will be 105, Tues 109!

cheers

Last edited by JPEE; 08-04-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Aframomum

Your temp residence looks quite inviting, I have to say! Although I'm sure your ready to move back into your house! Hope the evaporator came in today and your on your way to getting the cool air running again.

At work right now periodically checking on updates for tonight's launch - should be going up in 45 minutes. An international satellite is being placed in geo-orbit with a SpaceX rocket and I think they are doing a landing at one of the landing zones downrange.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:29 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark...... thank you for your note. I hope you got to see the rocket blast off!

We are blessed to have a super garage to use for a haven thats for sure. Good thing, no evaporater today at the last check in time 1:00 pm. when I thouched base. Oh well, tomorrow is ano day. Dont work to hard.

JP

BTW: 103° today

Last edited by JPEE; 08-07-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.